Lakers Officially Unveil New Uniforms for 2018-19

TJSC

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

I would say LeBron absolutely has a thing for looking awesome in black:

zizfxklos3tuzuib1xf1.jpg

And Showtime-era matching dropshadow to boot!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LMU said:

The white has always been, and continued to be even with Nike involved, the Sunday home uniform so I don't think we have to worry there.

I just really hope that the rule that prevented the purple jersey from being worn so late is done away with in year two of the contract.

For a decade it was gold at home, purple on the road, and white on Sundays at home. And then last year everything went out the window. It really hurt to see the Lakers on the road in gold against the Suns in white. Or the Lakers wearing purple at home.

I hope, like you, that Nike got all of that out of its system.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

23 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

For a decade it was gold at home, purple on the road, and white on Sundays at home. And then last year everything went out the window. It really hurt to see the Lakers on the road in gold against the Suns in white. Or the Lakers wearing purple at home.

I hope, like you, that Nike got all of that out of its system.

Unfortunately I’m afraid that won’t be the case. We know how Nike is. They really have minimal regards for tradition. Obviously the Lakers have a say, but I think Nike has some control.

9 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Yeah I totally know what you mean, and I didn’t expect it to come out exactly the same, but this still could’ve come out better than it did anyways. For the sake of suggesting a solution,  one way they could have gotten around that would be to make the collar and arm stripe two colors instead of three (I’m thinking purple/white on gold, gold/white on purple, gold/purple on white), then do a simple bold outline instead of drop shadow on the numbers. Then it’s doing it’s own thing while still nodding to showtime, but also a much cleaner and less “off” nod too.

Agree completely on that. The jersey looks rather stuffy in that picture and needs more white. If this is indeed the new jersey, I'm not liking it so far. Especially, when the previous set had nothing wrong to it and was perfect. Also, as already mentioned, the straight down going drop shadow doesn't work very well.

I hate it when they fix designs that are not broken, and all that retro craze.

Not sure I’ve seen a straight down shadow. Not sure why they do that rather than a traditionally-angled shadow. Between this and the Browns, it’s almost like Nike hates shadows. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Not sure I’ve seen a straight down shadow. Not sure why they do that rather than a traditionally-angled shadow. Between this and the Browns, it’s almost like Nike hates shadows. 

It looks like in this case it’s a space saving move since jerseys have gotten tighter over the years.

VmWIn6B.png

LA Lakers New Uniform Leaks Again, New Mockups

July 11, 2018 - 14:59 PM

It’s been a tricky off-season for the NBA and Nike keeping a lid on their new logos and uniforms. First the Denver Nuggets had their new logo spoiled long before its unveiling by an appearance on an official composite banner […]

Read More...

The gold jerseys look fine, but white numbers (with gold shadow) on the purple would still look better.

The shorts are just blah.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I like these a lot.  They feel like Classic Lakers but with a modern twist.  And even if there is some resemblance towards the Celtics, they are two of the premier teams in the NBA as far as Championships are concerned.  They should look the absolute best. Now if only they can fix the streaking logo to a true update of the water-droplet one shown a few pages back

It's fine.  "It could be worse" isn't much of an endorsement, but it'll do.

The Clippers, on the other hand, now need to reflect on their life choices.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

If the numbers on the purple were white, that’d be just about perfect. That’s definitely the strongest uniform of the three in my eyes.

The gold still looks off though. I guess I just don’t like the way the colors are ordered on the sleeve and arm trim. Something about it just doesn’t look right.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived