Lakers Officially Unveil New Uniforms for 2018-19

TJSC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found this interesting pair of comments under the Silver Screen & Roll (SB Nation's Lakers site) article about Conrad's latest concepts:

uRAlxZj.png

While I'm definitely inclined to trust the WinCraft leaks and Conrad's guesses over an anonymous user's post, it would be odd for somebody to lie with such confidence about something that will be revealed either way in a couple weeks. As for the second comment, I buy that the next person to be honored with a Lore Series jersey would be Magic. Maybe this way, Nike can give fans something that is even closer to the Showtime uniforms than the new Association, Icon, and Statement jerseys.

15 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

But didn't the showtime unis have gold numbers with a white shadow?

No sir.., if someone would kindly tell me how to upload pictures here, I would post Magic in the purple jerseys white yellow wordmark and a white number, gold shadow. 

6 hours ago, SuperNerdToTheRescue said:

Found this interesting pair of comments under the Silver Screen & Roll (SB Nation's Lakers site) article about Conrad's latest concepts:

uRAlxZj.png

While I'm definitely inclined to trust the WinCraft leaks and Conrad's guesses over an anonymous user's post, it would be odd for somebody to lie with such confidence about something that will be revealed either way in a couple weeks. As for the second comment, I buy that the next person to be honored with a Lore Series jersey would be Magic. Maybe this way, Nike can give fans something that is even closer to the Showtime uniforms than the new Association, Icon, and Statement jerseys.

I had a feeling they would do Magic Johnson this year. I envisioned something like the Orlando Magic uniforms that had the stars faded throughout the jerseys... or some kind of Utah Jazz Red Rock uniform.. I am pretty excited to see what they do

6 hours ago, SuperNerdToTheRescue said:

uRAlxZj.png

I don't know if you saw the NFL Changes thread(s), but yeah, random people will act confidently without knowing anything.

With that said, lol, I hope he's right about the City jerseys.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

32 minutes ago, d11king said:

No sir.., if someone would kindly tell me how to upload pictures here, I would post Magic in the purple jerseys white yellow wordmark and a white number, gold shadow. 

johnson_magic_670x250.jpg

(Google image search, find a picture, copy URL, come back here and hit "insert other media", paste link)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

LeBron already wore Lakers gear:

$500 for those shorts! Adam Silver is probably so jealous.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Forgive the poor Paint editing but here's where I'm seeing a problem with Conrad's rendering:

p5rg2rk.png

The photoshop is angled so that there's no possibility of seeing the side panel on the shorts as any side panel would appear behind the shorts striping.  Additionally, if you are matching the new striping on the jersey to the shorts the white at the bottom of the shorts striping continues along the bottom hem which matches the current striping.  And it's also possible that the continuing of the white on the back side of the V notch is simply continuing striping like was seen in the Showtime era.

Gmm6bPg.jpg

So, in short, there's no evidence yet that the side panels are going away.

VmWIn6B.png

14 hours ago, dont care said:

I don’t trust that just because we see posters “lie with such confidence” all the time here with no evidence to back it up. A random poster from SB Nation I have even less confidence in.

I don't disagree with you. In light of the 2K leak that seems to cast doubt on the WinCraft leak of the white jersey, here is this person's latest comment, for whatever it's worth:

F98ORz5.png

LeBron seems to like the final version too.

qo8imdr9uca11.jpg

1 hour ago, d11king said:

I don’t think anybody knows what the jerseys are gonna look like.. why would 2K have the unveil? How is the NBA selling official stuff with their leak.. Kuzma wanted original showtimes... 

NOBODY KNOWS!!!

This, or at least I hope this. Lakers wouldn't be making a minor fuss about this if the changes were that insignificant.

Archived