Lakers Officially Unveil New Uniforms for 2018-19

TJSC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SuperNerdToTheRescue said:

Thought these Nike practice jerseys were the in-game ones, my bad.

DhfN7vdXkAAs982.jpg

Gotcha.  Looking at the R, that might actually be the wordmark from their primary logo isolated and given an outline. 

2277_los_angeles_lakers-primary_on_dark-

The Showtime logo had overlapping letters, whereas this doesn’t. 

But man, we’re approaching Yankees levels of too-many-slightly-dissimilar-logos.  

3 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Gotcha.  Looking at the R, that might actually be the wordmark from their primary logo isolated and given an outline. 

2277_los_angeles_lakers-primary_on_dark-

The Showtime logo had overlapping letters, whereas this doesn’t. 

But man, we’re approaching Yankees levels of too-many-slightly-dissimilar-logos.  

Well, the Lakers are the Yankees of basketball so it's fitting.

19 minutes ago, chakfu said:

Celtics are the Yankees of basketball...

Anyway can anyone expound on the history of the wordmark slant? It looked more severe in the 70s.

Yankees are the Lakers of basketball. Give me

a championship every decade over 11 in the 50’s-60’s and 5 in 50 years since. Get out of here with that!!! :)

50 minutes ago, bowld said:

Love how gold the uni used to be. Now it's banana yellow

If that Lakers jersey in the bottom pic is an adidas jersey, then I can assure you it is very gold.

I think it’s just the different lighting making appear more yellow. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

1 hour ago, batman1211 said:

5 in 5 decades is a championship every decade.

Or, it's only one championship in the past three decades. ;)

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I wonder why Nike would introduce the logo's wordmark onto new practice jerseys but then not do the same with the team's actual jerseys. Clearly, somebody who works for the Lakers or Nike liked that particular wordmark more if they chose to use it over the game jerseys' wordmark.

8 hours ago, chakfu said:

Celtics are the Yankees of basketball...

8 hours ago, d11king said:

Yankees are the Lakers of basketball.  Get out of here with that!!! :)

Depends on your point of view.

If it's a matter of respect for the franchise, the Celtics are the Yankees of basketball.

If it's about hatred, and how much I enjoy it when they suck, the Lakers are the Yankees of basketball.

6 hours ago, SuperNerdToTheRescue said:

wonder why Nike would introduce the logo's wordmark onto new practice jerseys but then not do the same with the team's actual jerseys. Clearly, somebody who works for the Lakers or Nike liked that particular wordmark more if they chose to use it over the game jerseys' wordmark.

Couldn’t like it that much, if they didn’t even put it on a Summer League jersey.  :D 

Maybe. Or maybe they just wanted to see what it would look like in action. Testing the waters for a possible brand simplification.  Seems like this is a good place to test - if it didn’t work, nobody would ever notice. 

5 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Depends on your point of view.

If it's a matter of respect for the franchise, the Celtics are the Yankees of basketball.

If it's about hatred, and how much I enjoy it when they suck, the Lakers are the Yankees of basketball.

Interesting, I'm the opposite... Though respect might be a strong word. I appreciate the history of both (all 3) franchises frankly, but my hate is strongest for the Celtics.

16 minutes ago, who do you think said:

Ewwww, that bright yellow.

15 minutes ago, bowld said:

Highlighter Yellow??

I wouldn't put too much stock in that.  Could well be a combination of fluorescent lighting and the camera phone.  Let's wait until we see actual examples.

My only fear now is that the purple jerseys have yellow numbers. If there is striping on the shorts, then white numbers/yellow shadow would look best, as the white would balance out the contrast and colors. 

I also have issue with the purple as it’s nowhere near the original “forum blue”

Archived