Lakers Officially Unveil New Uniforms for 2018-19

TJSC

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

This will look great — as long as the shorts have side panels. If not, it's a major fail. 

The side panels on the shorts are one of the iconic design elements of the Laker uniforms. They have basically had them on every uniform since they arrived in LA. They pre-date the purple and gold color scheme back when the Lakers were blue and white. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love these. Love ‘em. Although as others have said, need the side panels on the shorts, or that’ll be a lottttttt of yellow.

Speaking of yellow, guess what? The yellow numbers on the purple? Probably my favorite feature of this new look. So much so, I’m definitely getting a purple. They’re the best of the three, IMO.

James, 23, in purple please.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

8 hours ago, d11king said:

Just want to repeat this for the people in the back. Idk who thought this was a great idea. 

Or maybe this the way it was always meant to be, and they finally fixed the problem. ?

The numbers on the gold jersey match the lettering, so why wouldn’t the numbers on the purple jersey follow suit?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

My takes:

The trim should be white/purple/white rather than gold/white/purple.

The name on the back looks a little bland.  Looks better with a white outline.  See rookie Kobe below.  Maybe the LBJ jersey pictured isn't an authentic 

LA-Lakers-Jersey-Leaked-Modells-590x505.jpgRelated image

That being said, I do like these.  And think they are a big upgrade over the previous set.

90758391980.gif

On 7/24/2018 at 11:30 PM, d11king said:

Yankees are the Lakers of basketball. 

I'd argue that the Yankees are not the Lakers of basketball, seeing as how the Yankees haven't won a single NBA championship.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

6 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

That's a Swingman uni being (previously) sold at Modell's, but sadly, the Authentic will only just have a different material cut. The design won't differ any.

Oh god, this is gonna look terrible with that cut-off thing on the back of the shoulders...

YVRMUBj.png

Not a fan. They look like a counterfeit throwback that got the trim striping wrong.

The Shaq/Kobe era redesign was a modern reimagining of the classic uniform, a spiritual descendant of the Showtime Lakers uniforms. They were different, but not so different that they felt wrong for the franchise. Fixed a lot of the problems the 80's uniforms while keeping the whole vibe intact. I don't get that sense here. This feels like they put the Lakers wordmark and font on the wrong template. Yes, that striping makes that much of a difference. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

The name on the back looks a little bland.  Looks better with a white outline.  See rookie Kobe below.  Maybe the LBJ jersey pictured isn't an authentic

Nike unfortunately removed all of NOB outlines except retro jerseys, which is so stupid idea.

4r2eer.png

On 7/24/2018 at 10:30 PM, d11king said:

Yankees are the Lakers of basketball. Give me

a championship every decade over 11 in the 50’s-60’s and 5 in 50 years since. Get out of here with that!!! :)

Actually the Celts are seeing as how they have the most championships and don't f*** with a classic jersey that needs no changes.  Celts will be adding a couple more 'ships before the Lakers, book it

3 hours ago, whitedawg22 said:
On 7/24/2018 at 11:30 PM, d11king said:

Yankees are the Lakers of basketball. 

I'd argue that the Yankees are not the Lakers of basketball, seeing as how the Yankees haven't won a single NBA championship.

Though Elston Howard once hit a home run off of Dave DeBusschere.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Archived