Lakers Officially Unveil New Uniforms for 2018-19

TJSC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

The sleeve trim is terrible on all 3.  It's just the lesser evil when compared to the black panel.

Finally someone else said it. It might look okay if the color closest to the sleeve hole wasn’t the same color as the jersey. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

I thought there was no way the Lakers could screw this up.  I was wrong.

The lesson: Never have faith in anyone.

I hate logos on the waistband, but I had no idea that it would've been nothing compared to the hack job they did on the purple jersey.

26 minutes ago, djam2410 said:

IDK i think we are still going strong with BFBS and we are approaching heavy GFGS as well 

I think BFBS has slowed down or died out in the NFL, CFB (GFGS is the thing now), and MLB (Died out). However, the NBA has only gotten worse with  BFBS and they have integrated GFGS at the same time.

On another note though, I do want to say that the whole “we should of learned our lesson with Nike and the NFL” thing isn’t really valid; before Nike in the NFL there was Reebok and that was not going well at all, and I found Adidas to be just as bad as Nike is in the NBA.

8 minutes ago, Eszcz21 said:

I think BFBS has slowed down or died out in the NFL, CFB (GFGS is the thing now), and MLB (Died out). However, the NBA has only gotten worse with  BFBS and they have integrated GFGS at the same time.

On another note though, I do want to say that the whole “we should of learned our lesson with Nike and the NFL” thing isn’t really valid; before Nike in the NFL there was Reebok and that was not going well at all, and I found Adidas to be just as bad as Nike is in the NBA.

Not going well with Reebok? How so?

And your argument about Adidas would hold weight if it weren't for the fact that adidas didnt :censored: with a teams standard home and road. I mean even the teams that didn't change looks , changed look simply by the stupid shoulder template Nike uses

4 minutes ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Not going well with Reebok? How so?

And your argument about Adidas would hold weight if it weren't for the fact that adidas didnt :censored: with a teams standard home and road. I mean even the teams that didn't change looks , changed look simply by the stupid shoulder template Nike uses

I was also going to mention how much I hate that the NBA doesn’t have standard home and road uniforms. And while I don’t want to get off topic since this is a Lakers thread, but I have to point out almost every NFL uniform the Reebok came out with when they took over in 2002, Detroit twice with black, Cincinnati, Atlanta, Arizona, Jacksonville, Minnesota, Seattle, plus the fabric and template just looked so much cheaper for pro teams compared to College teams at that point. Again I don’t want to talk about the NFL in this thread but while Nike has made some horrible mistakes since 2012 they’ve made some great ones too.

2 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Everything was going along great here, until Nike decided that the purple had to be a third jersey and they had to cram some black into it to honor the seventh or eighth-best player in franchise history.

Where did you read the black panel is honor a player? 

The Lakers had one of the best sets in the league at the end of the Adidas era. The only changes that needed to be made were moving to a rounded collar rather than the wishbone and, before Nike brought out the ‘no more white at home every game’ schtick, buck tradition and change to the white jerseys at home. I know that I’m a traditionalist for the most part but the Lakers had one of the absolute best white uniforms in the league and it was a shame that it was relegated to only one home game per week, at most. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

So close to a great set for a new era of Lakers ball, and they muddle it up. That black stripe looks terrible & ruins what could've been a 10/10 set. Instead, you got yourself two men on to bring the winning run to plate in the bottom of the ninth & you hit into a triple play. Congrats. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

9 minutes ago, Kevin W. said:

The Lakers had one of the best sets in the league at the end of the Adidas era. The only changes that needed to be made were moving to a rounded collar rather than the wishbone and, before Nike brought out the ‘no more white at home every game’ schtick, buck tradition and change to the white jerseys at home. I know that I’m a traditionalist for the most part but the Lakers had one of the absolute best white uniforms in the league and it was a shame that it was relegated to only one home game per week, at most. 

No.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived