Jump to content

Lakers Officially Unveil New Uniforms for 2018-19


TJSC
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Vitalogy26 said:

Oh no everyone, I found a spiel and it’s quite spiel-ly:

 

The Nike uniforms have been created using NikeConnect technology. Each adult-sized Nike NBA Connected Jersey will have an embedded NFC (near field communication) chip that will launch real-time team and player content such as pregame arrival footage, highlight packages and top players’ favorite music playlists – all on the jersey owner’s mobile device. Throughout the season, a wealth of exclusive offers and experiences will bring fans closer to the game they love.

After downloading the NikeConnect app, fans can tap their phone on the tag at the bottom of the jersey to unlock the full Nike Connect experience based on the player whose jersey has been tapped.

The uniforms are comprised of recycled PET bottles, a combination of Alpha Yarns and recycled polyester (each uniform represents approximately 20 recycled bottles). This modernized, sweat-wicking, sustainable design has a vastly improved fit with altered construction and hemlines on the shoulder, along with the bottom of both the jersey and shorts allowing for a full range of motion”

That is soooo stupid.  So, you need an app on your phone, to connect to your jersey, just to get info.  Couldn't the app just do it by itself without the jersey?  It's so pointless.  Making things more complicated just because they can, not like they are actually solving a problem or making anything easier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That quote reminds me of a drawing of a unicorn I saw online once.  The unicorn's horn was replaced with a flaccid penis, which was urinating into the unicorn's mouth, drinking it down as quickly as it was spewed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CS85 said:

That quote reminds me of a drawing of a unicorn I saw online once.  The unicorn's horn was replaced with a flaccid penis, which was urinating into the unicorn's mouth, drinking it down as quickly as it was spewed. 

 

I mean it’s basically the same thing when you think about it! Haha

 

But seriously, do they expect the general

public to look at this and just be jaw-droppingly amazed??

 

oh god, do they? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jdavidev said:

That is soooo stupid.  So, you need an app on your phone, to connect to your jersey, just to get info.  Couldn't the app just do it by itself without the jersey?  It's so pointless.  Making things more complicated just because they can, not like they are actually solving a problem or making anything easier.

 

The “lure” is you gotta buy the jersey to get the content from the app. The merchandise is the link, the middleman to the content.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

 

The “lure” is you gotta buy the jersey to get the content from the app. The merchandise is the link, the middleman to the content.

Right, I get that.  But the content isn't anything special.  And it's needlessly complicated and pointless.  Even if the content was extra special and the jersey is the gatekeeper, having to swipe your jersey when you want updates is hilariously stupid.  Guess that sums up Nike pretty well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jdavidev said:

Right, I get that.  But the content isn't anything special.  And it's needlessly complicated and pointless.  Even if the content was extra special and the jersey is the gatekeeper, having to swipe your jersey when you want updates is hilariously stupid.  Guess that sums up Nike pretty well.

 

No argument there.

 

It’s even more puzzling considering this has already been tried and failed in both soccer and hockey, I think. In fact, the entire concept of scanning something with your phone (QR code, etc.) to get “exclusive content” is a complete failure for my generation and beyond. I’m interested to hear from younger people; is there anything that would honestly get you to engage with your phone other than free food or free clothing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mafiaman said:

Your auto-correct typed “The black stripe on the shorts sucks as bad as the black stripe on the jerseys” wrong.

I've seen a few other posters suffer with that same bug.

 

Things like "the black panel is ugly and makes no sense on a purple Laker jersey" gets auto-corrected to "I don't mind the black panel" or, even more egregious, "I like the black panel." 

 

Someone should really fix it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, threesox84 said:

I've seen a few other posters suffer with that same bug.

 

Things like "the black panel is ugly and makes no sense on a purple Laker jersey" gets auto-corrected to "I don't mind the black panel" or, even more egregious, "I like the black panel." 

 

Someone should really fix it. 

What happens when someone types, “Those new purple jerseys with the black on the sides are straight-up fire?”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, threesox84 said:

I've seen a few other posters suffer with that same bug.

 

Things like "the black panel is ugly and makes no sense on a purple Laker jersey" gets auto-corrected to "I don't mind the black panel" or, even more egregious, "I like the black panel." 

 

Someone should really fix it. 

How dare anyone possibly have an opinion different from yours.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

673.gif

I (We) get it already about the black side panels on the purple uniform... sheesh.

The 1995 Knicks called and said, “dude, we’re really diggin’ the black side panels — it totally adds to the color scheme!”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hahaha.  these purple jerseys are going to be used like 3 times. 

My call- City ones will probably be Los Angeles in cursive, but in Forum Blue/Gold

th?id=OIP.YgHjkb_yGol8xd0Co8lm_wHaHa&pid

 

Thus making all things right in the world.

 

We know LeBron loves mixing eras, and I wouldn't doubt he has a say in things- although might be more for next year. Not sure the timeline on this stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tajmccall said:

Hahaha.  these purple jerseys are going to be used like 3 times. 

My call- City ones will probably be Los Angeles in cursive, but in Forum Blue/Gold

th?id=OIP.YgHjkb_yGol8xd0Co8lm_wHaHa&pid

 

Thus making all things right in the world.

 

We know LeBron loves mixing eras, and I wouldn't doubt he has a say in things- although might be more for next year. Not sure the timeline on this stuff.

The mixing eras the Cavs did was because of there “Cavanatic” uniform program where they mix and matched uniform elements from different eras. They continued it when Lebron left for the heat too,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Been letting this sit for a couple days, and I've scrolled through all of the comments... I get that the purple jersey has been the hot topic, but, nothing about the solid stripe on the back of the neck trim? What is that all about? Is it so that it ties the aesthetic to the purple jersey? That's as big an eyesore as the side panels, if you ask me. Furthermore, the fact that these jerseys haven't been draped in Nike-speak, unlike other reveals, kinda leaves me dumbfounded.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.