Lakers Officially Unveil New Uniforms for 2018-19

TJSC

21 minutes ago, Frylock said:

Furthermore, the fact that these jerseys haven't been draped in Nike-speak, unlike other reveals, kinda leaves me dumbfounded.

I think a lot of this comes down to that it's the Lakers. Nike was likely much more restrained than usual. Teams like the Lakers, Celtics, Bulls have probably achieved a certain level of "untouchability" that even Nike won't cross. I dunno. Maybe Nike will go crazier next year and this is just a stopgap or something.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bulls do have untouchability and Nike crossed it anyway: the single-layer NOBs, especially black on white, look cheap as hell. Why wear anything other than what Michael wore?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

14 minutes ago, the admiral said:

The Bulls do have untouchability and Nike crossed it anyway: the single-layer NOBs, especially black on white, look cheap as hell. Why wear anything other than what Michael wore?

Michael wore single-color NOB’s from 1984/85 to 1991/92:

basketball-slam-dunk-contest-chicago-bul

rdaabqi6nsibxdh9zomx.jpg

The NOB’s on the white jerseys were red instead of the black they have now, though.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

These are serif in black or white. Those are sans-serif in red or white. If they went back to that, it'd be understandable, though they should still stick with the second three-peat, the superior of the three-peats. This is a downgrade.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 8/1/2018 at 3:45 PM, Duck_Duck said:

Not my first choice, but it strikes the balance of modern and classic, while remaining coherent and consistent.

Assuming black makes a uniform “modern” has as much merit as a fifteen year old assuming their short story is “mature” because everyone says the f-word all the time. 

^ So the shade of yellow/gold hasn't really been fixed? im confused--originally thought from earlier in the thread that they fixed that issue. just hoping that it's not the same too-bright yellow shade as last season.

has anyone seen the white shorts? Searched through a lot of photos online and have not been able to locate a picture of the white shorts yet.

On 8/2/2018 at 3:27 PM, logos are cool said:

Hmmmmm...we don't???? Looks pretty polarizing to me. 

I wonder if we will get some story or background on these changes. Seems like the people responsible don't want to be known right now. 

No, we don’t know that these are polarizing. 

First of all, this community is a self-selected outlier and should never be confused for general public reaction.   And second of all, virtually every new unveiling brings with it strong pro and con reactions.  Those almost invariably fade as the design settles in, we see it in context and in action.

The new Laker uniforms may well be polarizing.  That’s certainly very possible.  But we still don’t know that yet.

Looking at the "old" purple jersey in that pic, I realized that white doesn't really contrast well on white at all. The wordmark probably would have been better if it was just gold on purple. The numbers should have just been gold, too. A gold outline doesn't contrast well against white at all.

Nike has seen how successful changing jerseys every year has been in soccer and college football, so here we are. This is just the new NBA. Adam Silver, for sure, loves it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived