Lakers Officially Unveil New Uniforms for 2018-19

TJSC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To piggy back colortv, the Forum was cool for the older era, but not this one. I can’t stand watching Golden St games cause the court is too much yellow, Jerry West did a good job of getting the Forum replicated in the Oracle Arena. 

The purple is fantastic with the contrast of the uniform. 

Side note: I presume the Lakers City uniform will be honoring Magic Johnson or either Jerry West/Elgin Baylor. If it’s Magic, I’m curious but sure they’ll design something that also reflects the name Magic. Some type of now you see me, now you don’t. If the latter, I assume the Blue Los Angeles jerseys of old will somehow be the template with whatever design they come up with for the guy. 

The Lakers' 1999 update was so good that it took me quite a while to realize they had changed.

I hope they apply the same level of subtlety this time around. There's the Yankees, the Lakers and the Cowboys. The Lakers can't be too cavalier about their brand.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

11 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Let's not forget that current Lakers wordmark comes from proposed logo back in 1999:

LA3.jpg

This one's not quite there yet, it needs some adjustments. The ball should be smaller in relation to the wordmark, for one. The "Los Angeles" font is not the best - the letters have too much contrast in thickness and are slanted to a different angle than the wordmark, and I prefer the seams of the ball to be the same width without the perspective effect, as seen in some other NBA team logos.

4 hours ago, d11king said:

Side note: I presume the Lakers City uniform will be honoring Magic Johnson or either Jerry West/Elgin Baylor. If it’s Magic, I’m curious but sure they’ll design something that also reflects the name Magic.

Lemme guess? It'll probably be stars on the uniform...

21 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

This is what they need; to go back and find an old, if not original version of the logo and re-build it digitally.

If you look at several teams with older logos in the present day, many of them were done quite poorly when they were first converted to vector art, and that poor facsimile of the original artwork goes on to live as truth, sometimes for decades. Go back to the originals, though, and you can find much better, cleaner, and well constructed artwork. Just look at this Lakers logo and how much nicer the letterforms and spacing/alignment are compared to the team’s “official” logo.

I took liberties on the coloring

JhiB2dA.png

10 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Please for the love of god just go back to wearing purple on the road, and gold only at home.  Other than that I trust that the Lakers will put out something nice. 

I don't mind the white in limited doses, but if the Lakers cannot control themselves then I'd be fine with them being shelved. It's like me and potato chips: if I can't control myself around them then we don't buy them.

Stick to purple on the road, gold at home and white at home on Sunday. No fuss, no muss.

If we could just only talk to the NBA administration. They're the ones responsible for uniform schedule.

http://news.sportslogos.net/2018/03/12/nba-deciding-uniform-schedules-for-each-team/amp/

While I do like the Lakers' past white uniforms, wearing it more frequently than the purple uniforms doesn't seem Laker-esque to almost everyone.

3 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

This is my favorite Lakers court. Something similar to this would be good.

11902776576_719761d8d3_b.jpg

This is my favorite too. It’s strength was balancing out the Lakers’ gold uniforms really well. Not that Laker games aren’t visually appealing now, but the color distribution back then from uniforms to court was even better.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

15 minutes ago, colortv said:

These would also be ideal IMO:

https://twitter.com/tbdaniel15/status/1016005882667307009/photo/1

DhmTWuiUYAA8hBs.jpg

DhmTXmrV4AAdaPt.jpg

DhmTYelVQAAjD15.jpg

BRUHHHHHHHHH!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

OMGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!

that white jersey looks off to me idk. Would love to see what it would look like it the wordmark was gold and number purple or really just different combinations. The gold and purple are absolutely perfect. The white imo still needs some figuring out, maybe??!

On 7/7/2018 at 7:54 PM, Teal said:

Shocked to be honest. I thought the Lakers and Nike would make everyone buy a LeBron jersey in the current set and then switch it up in 2019/20.

Lebron likes to control how he looks, to include uniforms. And since people have been saying this move was going to happen for the last two years, Nike would have probably already had plans for these. Too bad Cleveland can't get rid of the wine uniforms. Or at least swap the number colors around. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 7/8/2018 at 12:46 AM, Old School Fool said:

They can alter the logo but they shouldn't stray away from the general iconic look. Here's an old version of the current Lakers logo when they still were a blue and white team. Upon seeing the Lakers wordmark on this logo, you can clearly see the resemblance to water here.

bA0ounI.png

Mind blown.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived