World Cup Redesign (9 of 32) BELGIUM ADDED

Johnny Ryall

Hey, long time lurker, first time poster on these boards. I always wanted to contribute to these boards and this summer while watching the FIFA world cup I finally gathered any idea for my first post.  Here are some world cup redesigns only a month late. The goal is to eventually redo all 30 teams but we'll see how it goes. I've got about 11 finished already.

p17itfQ.png

XNCgXRQ.png

eH8uDwu.png

First up is the team I was rooting for, England. England had one of the better kits in the tournament in my opinion but there was still room to improve upon. I added stripes to the sleeves and shorts to keep the kit form feeling too plain and of course included a sublimated flag pattern on the red home kit. Finally, I get the symbolic reasoning behind the old logo but the three lions and ten roses really make things crowded, so I simplified the crest.

I'm still new to this so C&C is more then welcomed.

p.s. Sweden is the next team up.

As promised team Sweden.

POda4cv.png

aDtoPUd.png

QvPoSNm.png

I have always loved the simple two tone approach that all Swedish national teams take when designing their uniforms so I stuck with the classics. I did add new features though, including new stripes influenced by the Swedish national team hockey jerseys and a new crest based on the Swedish coat of arms.

And here are the 2014 world champs, team Germany.

4tESyt3.png

1y6eINt.png

rxILMQu.png

The home kits are a mix off old and new, with the chevron design of the 2014 kit being combined with the flag color chest designs of the 80's. 

The Away kit is a modern take on the classic green clash kits that Germany was worn for decades. This jersey has sublimated chevrons all the way down the chest adding a new twist to an old classic. Both Kits have a new eagle crest with way more color than the boring badge the team currently wears.

Gonna keep the train going with team Australia,

AIu9hAw.png

3KS0NE8.png?1

Dov3wqp.png

The homes are a simple take on Australia's usual kit. Bold yellow base, with green accents. There was a subtle dotting patterns in the green accents to mimic aboriginal patterns, but it seems the photo quality has decreased during uploading and those details are no mostly invisible now due to blurriness

For the away, I went for something totally new. I wanted to avoid just inverting the colors and having a green kit so I came up with a kit inspired by the Australian wilderness. Featuring "outback orange" (as Nike would probably call it) this kit mimics the many mountains and plateaus found on the island. 

C&C is appreciated, especially about the away kit, still undecided about how I feel about it myself to be honest.

That Australia away kit is really amazing!

Your right, it's way better than just doing a color swap.

Also, I like the chevron pattern on Germany's away. I'd be curious to see it in the tealish-green they currently use.

Good job!

23 hours ago, Johnny Ryall said:

Hey, long time lurker, first time poster on these boards. I always wanted to contribute to these boards and this summer while watching the FIFA world cup I finally gathered any idea for my first post.  Here are some world cup redesigns only a month late. The goal is to eventually redo all 30 teams but we'll see how it goes. I've got about 11 finished already.

5CKtFvB.png

RPDATD3.png

First up is the team I was rooting for, England. England had one of the better kits in the tournament in my opinion but there was still room to improve upon. I added stripes to the sleeves and shorts to keep the kit form feeling too plain and of course included a sublimated flag pattern on the red home kit. Finally, I get the symbolic reasoning behind the old logo but the three lions and ten roses really make things crowded, so I simplified the crest.

I'm still new to this so C&C is more then welcomed.

p.s. Sweden is the next team up.

You need to swap the kits. England's home kit is white. IT's a good look but I feel there needs to something more on the white jerseys to help them stand out. 

Australia - I'd make the back of the away jersey a solid color for legibility issues on TV. 

Germany - Pretty good look, numbers might need to change as mentioned prior. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 minutes ago, vtgco said:

That Australia away kit is really amazing!

Your right, it's way better than just doing a color swap.

Also, I like the chevron pattern on Germany's away. I'd be curious to see it in the tealish-green they currently use.

Good job!

Thanks for the kind words! 

I made an early version of the German kit in the teal/green color but it looked to close to my concept for Mexico (stay tuned) so I opted with the more traditional green.

8 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

You need to swap the kits. England's home kit is white. IT's a good look but I feel there needs to something more on the white jerseys to help them stand out. 

Australia - I'd make the back of the away jersey a solid color for legibility issues on TV. 

Germany - Pretty good look, numbers might need to change as mentioned prior. 

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll make those edits and update today. 

Some really great looks so far. For the Australia away, I would suggest using black socks as well. The color balance looks kind of weird as of right now. 

Also, would you mind including closeups of the crests? Would love to get better looks at them. Keep up the great work!

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Griffinmarlins said:

Some really great looks so far. For the Australia away, I would suggest using black socks as well. The color balance looks kind of weird as of right now. 

Also, would you mind including closeups of the crests? Would love to get better looks at them. Keep up the great work!

Thanks for the suggestions, Australia's socks are now black.

Close up Crests have been added.

Very interesting start - I love the Socceroos' away kit with the depiction of the outback and Uluru - we should implement it sometime! But the green is a bit too light for my liking. The French uniforms are legendary! The three crowns for Sweden (or Tre Kronor) is a good take but look a little big on the shirt.

Can't wait for more designs!

On 8/4/2018 at 9:31 AM, El Coyote said:

I like what you did in the Argentinian crest, but I feel it is a bit generic. Would you consider including some design based in the Sun of May? or maybe changing the script to gold?

Gold and the Sun of May are both involved in my Uruguay concept, so I left those out of my Argentina design in order to create a distinction between the two nations' kits. 

Here's Japan:

cGaOPKQ.png

ocCEnea.png

EAkaMa4.png

Archived