Nike NHL - 2/17 Bruins heritage 2 added

Kevin W.

San Jose Sharks

5W6MMmK.png

The Sharks haven't looked good since the Edge switch, so this is an attempt to move back to their previous best look. It's a modernization of the pre-Edge look and a return to the orange-less color scheme. The only orange is in the shark's eye. I might update these with the new shoulder patches if I can find vector images.

KtpoliO.png

Their alternates are throwbacks that are ever so slightly fauxbacks. The only big difference is the name/number font.

• Like 4

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The next three are just going to be the homes and roads because I want to round out the Original Six and because I haven't finished both alternates for them.

Detroit Red Wings

PVOUuFg.png

No changes necessary. I may or may not end up replacing the wordmark on the helmet with the logo, though. The only reason why I'm not 100% certain about doing that is because for it to look proper on the helmet as it's oriented in my template, I'd have to flip the logo horizontally and I don't know if I want to do that. Now updated as of 11/10/19 to account for the fact that Zetterberg retired. Abdelkader is the longest-tenured alternate captain so his name goes on the jersey.

• Like 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

New York Rangers

KQV0uT1.png

Another set done before a change in captain happened, so this will get updated when the Rangers name their new captain. The only big change here is that the Lady Liberty logo has returned as a shoulder patch/helmet logo. Other than that, there's no need to mess with the classic look.

• Like 1

Toronto Maple Leafs

2NFc0zi.png

Another one in need of a name/number update. At least this one won't require an arched name. Now updated as of 10/13/19 with the new captain! I decided to change the Leafs' look a bit while still keeping it very traditional. It's the 2010-16 jerseys, but with the updated logo/font and contrasting yokes.

• Like 5

Washington Capitals

ZnRqi7A.png

I like the Capitals' blue and copper color scheme, but I think it looks better with a darker blue. The striping pattern is derived from the Washington D.C. flag, and while I like the Caps' pre-Edge logos, I don't like the font, so I used their current font.

fmYkVwR.png

The alternates are derivative of the pre-Edge primaries with a few minor changes.

Washington will be the last one, for now, that will have its alternates posted with its primaries. I haven't finished both alternates for the remaining teams, and in the case of Florida and Vegas, I haven't even finished the primaries because I'm still looking for proper logos and fonts.

• Like 3

New York Islanders

wVKFl5h.png

The Fisherman returns! I've found that with some slight alterations, the Fisherman logo looks halfway decent, so it's back as the Islanders' shoulder patch. It may or may not feature more prominently in their alternates. Also, they're back to navy blue because I like it better.

• Like 1

Minnesota Wild

buqVDwA.png

I went very traditional with the Wild. Their road jersey looks good so I used it as the basis for their home jersey.

• Like 4

I like the updated look for the home jersey, but all the elements that you changed on the road didn't need to be changed. The red numbers didn't need to disappear, and the red in the striping doesn't really work. The logo should also have the shiny gold in the moon. And the logos are way too high on most of these concepts. 

• Like 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Hmm... now that you mention it, you’re 100% right about the logos. Looks like I’ve got some reworking to do. 

On 8/20/2018 at 8:46 PM, chcarlson23 said:

I like the updated look for the home jersey, but all the elements that you changed on the road didn't need to be changed. The red numbers didn't need to disappear, and the red in the striping doesn't really work. The logo should also have the shiny gold in the moon. And the logos are way too high on most of these concepts. 

Alright, so I'm in the process of updating the logo heights on the jerseys that had particularly noticeable height issues. So far, I've corrected Boston, Columbus' alternates, Dallas' alternates and Detroit.

Corrected images for Pittsburgh, the Islanders and San Jose's primaries have been posted. Lowering the logo (and thus the horizontal stripe) on the Pittsburgh alternates actually works really well since the stripe lines up a bit better with the numbers now.

• Like 1

Philadelphia Flyers

bi7ZfEb.png

The Flyers have a look that looks good and I saw no reason to make major changes. I made slight adjustments to the trim at the cuffs and made the hem striping match the cuffs. Also, the contrasting nameplate on the road jersey, which had no historical precedent for the team, unlike the contrasting nameplate on the home jersey, is gone because it looks stupid.

• Like 1

Tampa Bay Lightning

hMo91WE.png

The Lightning are back in black. They're no longer playing Original Six dressup, but their look is still conservative. Not quite as conservative as their 2001-07 look (which is the best they've ever looked) but still not a crazy design. I retained the logos, because they don't look bad and because they fit with the design and because their pre-Original Six dressup logos look too 90s.

• Like 4

Buffalo Sabres

rfaphg2.png

The Sabres have a good look in theory but it fails in execution, so I've revised their look to get rid of the extraneous details. The silver trim is minimal and the front numbers are gone. The crossed swords logo from the early 2000s alternate returns as a shoulder patch.

Nashville Predators

VZxwkvW.png

The Predators' look went from bad to worse with the switch from Reebok to Adidas. To rectify that, I've gone for a simple look that draws inspiration from their final Edge look but doesn't suck. Since the guitar string font doesn't work for my purposes (it doesn't really work well in Inkscape when trying to do multiple layers for the outlines) I instead did guitar string stripes to make up for it.

• Like 1

Los Angeles Kings

16jSNra.png

This is one that, with the exception of the logo and number font, was a complete revision of their look. I get that they won two Cups in the home plate jerseys (and I have two team-issued home plate jerseys in my collection) but that doesn't make the look good. Instead, what I've done is I've gone to a purple, silver and black color scheme and brought back the crown and shield as the logos. I've also changed the name font to something that, IMHO, works better with the numbers than the font that they currently use. One thing that I'm not sure about is the shield as the shoulder patch. That may end up getting revised.

• Like 2

Ottawa Senators

lutgWdL.png

Personally, I liked the 2000-07 alternate. That should have been the basis for their Edge jerseys. At least then Ottawa would've had a good look for the Edge years. Their two jerseys are based on that look, and I've kept the existing shoulder patch, but I may end up revising it to use the updated 2D centurion. We shall see. Their alternates will not be barber pole. I don't like those alternates. I've always thought it to be ridiculous for them to emulate the look of a completely different franchise and the O logo doesn't work as a primary.

• Like 3

Arizona Coyotes

nZezgoj.png

This one is a hybrid of the two eras. The Coyotes have always looked better in black, and I think the black and brick color scheme looks really good. This one is kachina-esque with more current touches. If I could find a file for their current font, I'd update it.

• Like 4

New Jersey Devils

X2xdOry.png

This one needs no explanation. The Devils didn't need to change their jerseys so I changed them back.

• Like 3