Nike NHL - 2/17 Bruins heritage 2 added

Kevin W.

Vegas Golden Knights

XG2HoTu.png

This one, like so many others, went through a lot of revisions. The latest version of this before the final was primarily black and silver with gold trim. It retained the V design but combined it with a horizontal hem stripe and the darker trim on the front continued on the back. I realized that having a two-color back of the jersey didn't look as good as the two-color front of the jersey so I continued the pants stripe up the side of the jersey to act as a cut-off point for the darker color. The color scheme combines the steel gray of the Golden Knights with the primarily red and black scheme of the Wranglers, so these are a slight homage to the city's hockey history.

And with that, I have completed all four jerseys for all 31 teams! I'll now begin doing some more vintage teams, some current teams' vintage jerseys, some World Cup stuff and maybe even the All-Star Game jerseys.

• Like 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Dallas Stars

hb0ZyDK.png

ErdT0w8.png

Both sets have had their numbers changed. The trim on the original primary numbers was far too thick, while the two-color numbers on the original alternates didn't match with the striping. Also, the alternates' collars have been changed to match the striping as well.

• Like 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Alright, so now that I've finished 31/31 teams for both their primaries and alternates, here's what I'm planning right now.

• I have the designs solidified for the World Cup teams. The only issue is finding a font that works for them. I'm trying to find a good font that works for all of them since Nike seems to like doing one font for all of their teams in major competitions.
  • I am going to translate Seattle's new jerseys over to my format. It's likely that I won't make serious changes.
  • Some teams will start getting vintage jerseys, and it's possible that a couple of teams with throwbacks/fauxbacks that are currently listed as their alternates will get those relisted as their vintage jerseys while also getting new alternates.

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, on to the World Cup! I've got three teams' designs set today, but I haven't decided on the font so they'll just be blank for now. This World Cup assumes full cooperation of the IIHF and the national hockey federations (which wouldn't happen in real life) so I can just use the real-life logos instead of the made-up-out-of-thin-air logos from the past World Cup.

United States

UeLwsqZ.png

Obviously the US' design is very traditional. What more needs to be said?

Canada

pgL0B2o.png

Canada's design is also very traditional but I couldn't help but include the maple leaf sleeve cuffs. They look good so why not include them?

• Like 2

Sweden

yQ1u2UV.png

And Sweden is also very traditional. I see this as a backlash against the stupid designs from the 2016 World Cup and the 2018 Olympics. Nike and Adidas both went too far with some of their national team designs (2018 was obviously worse than 2016 but my point still stands) so I'm leaning towards simple designs for the World Cup teams. Design tends to be cyclical, after all.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Nearly 8 months later, this series is still alive. However, it's about to take a fairly serious change in artistic direction.

spacer.png

After seeing the 2022 Nike template IIHF jerseys in the IIHF thread, I've decided to move to an updated template. Fortunately, that thread contains images that are fairly easy to convert over to a raster template, which I've included the front view of above. I believe that this will allow me to make a more Nike-accurate version of the jerseys. I have to test out how a few teams' looks will be on the new template and maybe fiddle around with it a bit here and there, but I'm definitely excited to see how it turns out. Accordingly, everything on the original template will be marked as "Original Template" on the first post and a new section listed as "New Template" will be added. I may update some teams' looks. Most will stay the same, however.

Also, due to the fact that I got tired of updating teams' NNOB when captains changed, every jersey will have a captain's C, the name "PLAYER" and a number corresponding to when the franchise was founded or when it made its most recent relocation move.

• Kevin W. changed the title to Nike NHL - 5/12 new template announced!
5 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

Nearly 8 months later, this series is still alive. However, it's about to take a fairly serious change in artistic direction.

spacer.png

After seeing the 2022 Nike template IIHF jerseys in the IIHF thread, I've decided to move to an updated template. Fortunately, that thread contains images that are fairly easy to convert over to a raster template, which I've included the front view of above. I believe that this will allow me to make a more Nike-accurate version of the jerseys. I have to test out how a few teams' looks will be on the new template and maybe fiddle around with it a bit here and there, but I'm definitely excited to see how it turns out. Accordingly, everything on the original template will be marked as "Original Template" on the first post and a new section listed as "New Template" will be added. I may update some teams' looks. Most will stay the same, however.

Also, due to the fact that I got tired of updating teams' NNOB when captains changed, every jersey will have a captain's C, the name "PLAYER" and a number corresponding to when the franchise was founded or when it made its most recent relocation move.

Is there a straight sleeve version?

11 hours ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

Is there a straight sleeve version?

Not that I know of.

Alright, I think I've settled on the back view.

spacer.png

I have to do some fiddling around with the collar to see if I can make a tie-down version work.

• Like 1

And here it is with a faux tie-down collar, because Nike would absolutely do a faux collar for some weight-saving performance-enhancing reason just like Adidas did.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Alright, slight revision to the tie-down collar.

spacer.png

I think that looks better and doesn't look awkwardly wide. The only issue is that since the NHL logo will be right above it on the collar, it'll mean that there'll be a decent amount of empty space below the league logo on the tie-down-less versions, but the alternative is to have a massive NHL logo that takes up the entire vertical space of the collar and that would look very awkward.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Alright, here we go. I've got several teams' designs completed.

Buffalo Sabres

H12ItW2.png

Chicago Blackhawks

1m8piq8.png

Dallas Stars

vudO6Bp.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Edmonton Oilers

TZpXesl.png

New Jersey Devils

PKt3p8g.png

New York Islanders

YAxt9JE.png

• Love 1

• Kevin W. changed the title to Nike NHL - 7/19 first six teams on new template added

Alright, so a few notes about the new template. I've made a few changes here and there.

As you can see with the Blackhawks, the tie-down has been moved off of the collar. When I was adding the NHL logo to the tie-down-less teams' collars, I realized that I would need to have a different-sized league logo on the collar depending on the type of the collar, because the two collar types had different amounts of space available. When I moved the tie-downs off of the collar, I had to modify it so it wouldn't start running into the logos. I also added a flywire-esque design onto the collar because I doubt Nike would leave it blank.

All of the teams have their nameplates and TV numbers on the yokes just like the real Nike jerseys.

USA.jpg?quality=90&strip=all257A5F10-1F39-4AAC-8946-901F082F66A5.jpe

This has actually made me make some design deviations for some teams that have actually simplified the design process. For teams that have the same-colored yoke on both jerseys, then they have the same color nameplate and TV numbers. This is evident on three of the teams I've already posted and will be visible on several others.

I also re-added the pants, helmet and socks from my original template. I made no serious changes to those designs except for the helmet, where I've added a visor and removed the manufacturer logo. Since the jerseys no longer have the player name and number (I got tired of having to change the name and number when I made an update to a team after they'd changed captains) there's no need for a manufacturer logo on the helmet. It's just simpler that way.

One small added detail that is hard to see at the scale I'm drawing these at is the addition of silver trim around the Nike swoosh for teams that have won the Stanley Cup. I did not intentionally include Buffalo as the lone Cup-less team in the group I posted. It just so happens that their design was easy to complete (because of the aforementioned matching yokes) so I just finished them before any other Cup-less team, though Nashville is close behind.

Pittsburgh Penguins

3jc1OaH.png