In your favorite team's division, what team bothers you the least?

verno

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lions: Packers. They're always good, but they also don't have anyone who I've really disliked. 

Angels: Astros. New-ish to the division, and I loved Bagwell and Biggio as a kid.

Red Wings: Senators. They're not a real rival, and they're not good.

Suns: Clippers. See Senators.

Bills: Jets

Sounders: any team that isn't Portland or LA Galaxy. But mostly Colorado. Seattle beat them why the Avalanche were the 1 seed to make it to MLS Cup, and Seattle felt like the favorite during both legs.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 8/10/2018 at 5:36 PM, verno said:

Guessing Cubbies and Bulls for you, admiral. Are you also a Patriots fan?!

Uh....................  

Anyway, for the NFL, I'd have to say Washington.  Post Gibbs 1.0, they're never good, usually never terrible, just kinda there.  Never have stars, never have really bad dudes (though Sean Taylor was kind of a dirtbag), have an annoying egomaniac owner who would really be hateable except that his incompetence makes him loveable (to non Washington fans), don't have a remarkable stadium, they're just kinda there.  Other than the name controversy, there's nothing remarkable - good or bad - about them, they're just kinda there.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This exercise really breaks down on the NBA because rivalries are so déclassé. Everyone just roots for Adam Silver and LeBron James. I wave a little pennant around that says "Business Transactions" on it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Anaheim Ducks : Vancouver Canucks (Screw the CA teams, screw Vegas, screw Alberta, Coyotes are annoying. Vancouver dropped off.)

Anaheim Angels : Houston Astros (Sure they came in and won right away, but the Angels didn’t do anything about it. More vitriol to Oakland and Texas. Almost put Seattle.)

LA Rams : Arizona Cardinals (Ha, yeah, the 49ers and Seahawks can eff right off.)

LA Lakers : Uhhh... Currently, Phoenix Suns, I guess? (Admiral makes a great point here, and Divisions mean the least in the NBA. However, in the Pacific, the Lakers have a history with every single team. It would’ve been the Warriors in a runaway until recent events.)

Arizona State : Colorado (pure lack of history)

Long Beach State : UC Davis/UC Riverside (honestly, who cares? Haha)

Manchester United : Everton (Poor little scamps. Thanks for Rooney.)

LAFC : Uh... N/A? Small sample size. (Throw KC/Van/Min/Col into the mix)

USMNT : Canada

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

We have a 16 team league, so there are a lot of smaller teams which I feel eh about. If I had to go with one of the top 6 teams here it has to be Standard or Genk maybe. Anderlecht still are our most hated rivals, followed by Gent (who have made hating on FC Bruges part of their identity since they have no real history to speak of.) and the new addition to the Belgian Pro League, AS Monaco's U-21 side Cercle Brugge.

Patriots: Bills. Definitely the hardest as I really dislike all three. The Jets are probably our biggest rival, and the dolphins are good for a win or two every now and again. The Bills are just kind of that doormat.

Red Sox: Blue Jays. I hate everyone else in the division, so I guess the Blue Jays win by default. 

Celtics: Nets. I love those guys. Without the KG/Pierce trade, the C’s aren’t in the position they’re in.

Bruins: Panthers, I guess. 

Penn State: All Big Ten: Illinois. They exist, I guess.

Big Ten east: Indiana: They also exist, I guess.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

I'm a Yankees, Jets, and Rangers fan.

MLB (AL East): Rays. They're annoying little gnats that have this pernicious tendency to beat the Yanks at the Trop even when they're not good, but they're ultimately not a very hate-able team. Very little success in their history, and a mausoleum of a ballpark. And I do like that they knocked off the Sox in both 2008 and 2011. (I've never been happier for the Yankees to lose a game as I was during Game 162 in 2011.)

NFL (AFC East): I guess the Dolphins. They're just kind of there. They also don't have the Bills' annoying "we're New York's only team!!!" crap going on (the Jets play 6 miles from Times Square, FFS). The AFC East is so lopsided toward the Pats that I think the other three teams kind of take the attitude that "the enemy of my enemy is... mildly tolerable." I don't like the Bills or the Dolphins one bit, but nothing matches the writhing hatred that I (and everyone else) have for the Pats.

NHL (Metropolitan): Blue Jackets. I hate all of the leftovers from the old Atlantic Division (that was a division where every single team hated each other - it was incredible), and I hate the Hurricanes for having been stolen from my native Connecticut. so that leaves the Blue Jackets, who I frankly couldn't care less about one way or another.

SF Giants (NL West): Padres. I obviously don’t like the Dodgers one bit. The Diamondbacks are annoyingly good at beating the Giants (I don’t think I dislike a player as much as Paul Goldschmidt). The Rockies have an ugly color scheme and a stadium that constantly gives my team woes, so all that’s left is the Padres. They’re rarely a consistent threat, have a nice stadium, and have a bland/forgettable look. Besides, they’re Bochy’s old team and we kind of owe them for their 2010 collapse.

Brewers (NL Central): Cubs/Pirates tie. The fans of theirs I’ve met are all pretty cool people, and I like their uniforms and stadiums. The Reds bother me because of their uniforms and for blowing the career of Joey Votto, while the Cardinals are the Cardinals. I lost all respect for the latter organization after the Oscar Taveras memorial patch and Mike Mattheny’s “Christians’ Day.”

Sharks: LA Kings. Hear me out, I like this team because I like black/silver and because of the reverse sweep. They delightfully punched the Sharks in the gut, knocking the fanbase down a peg and legitimizing my negative feelings towards Thornton and the majority of the team.

Warriors: Suns (I like purple/orange)

Timbers (I did undergrad in Portland): Colorado, becausethe colors are fantastic. I don’t like the original Quakes or the Fake-Quakes.

I don’t really watch enough American Football to say I’m a fan of any team.

Vikings: This trope does not apply

Twins: Ditto

Wild: Ditto

Timberwolves: Ditto

Gophers: Ditto

MNUFC: Ditto

Geelong: Ditto

Sydney Roosters: Ditto

Arsenal: Ditto

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

MLB: Pirates.  I don't know of any Brewers fans who have strong opinions about them or the Reds.  So it comes down to who I like better between the two.  The Pirates have better uniforms, play in a ballpark that I'm envious of, and their 70s teams are more likable than the Big Red Machine.

NFL: Lions.  They haven't been any threat to the Packers since the early 90s, back when they had one of my favorite non-Packers of all time (Barry Sanders).  And Ford Field isn't a terrible place to catch a game.  It's much more impressive in person than it looks on television.

9 minutes ago, NicDB said:

MLB: Pirates.  I don't know of any Brewers fans who have strong opinions about them or the Reds.  So it comes down to who I like better between the two.  The Pirates have better uniforms, play in a ballpark that I'm envious of, and their 70s teams are more likable than the Big Red Machine.

NFL: Lions.  They haven't been any threat to the Packers since the early 90s, back when they had one of my favorite non-Packers of all time (Barry Sanders).  And Ford Field isn't a terrible place to catch a game.  It's much more impressive in person than it looks on television.

Which is interesting, because it is not the same on this side. Brewers are HATED, especially with how often the pirates have lost to them in recent memory.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

That is interesting... I'm not used to the Brewers evoking much of a reaction out of anyone (aside from the occasional holier-than-thou St. Louis troll). 

Brewers fans generally don't care for the Cubs and Cardinals, but they obviously see each other as their biggest rival.   

2 minutes ago, NicDB said:

That is interesting... I'm not used to the Brewers evoking much of a reaction out of anyone (aside from the occasional holier-than-thou St. Louis troll). 

Brewers fans generally don't care for the Cubs and Cardinals, but they obviously see each other as their biggest rival.   

Yeah, Brewers routinely get booed at PNC. With particular hatred against Braun and, when he still played, Fielder. Fielder was even booed as a member of the Tigers, because he used to play for the Brewers.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Bears/Packers/Cubs/Avs/Bucks/ND/Wisconsin here.

NFL: with one exception, the Lions.  Hate Stafford though.

MLB: Pirates, largely because I know a guy who played for em, and they're not the Reds or Cards.

NHL: probably the Wild or Jets.  I kinda dislike the Blackhawks, hate the Blues...but it's not the same since those guys went east

UW: Minnesota and Indiana...loathe Meesheegan, dislike the Buckeyes, hate Penn State, admire Iowa, dislike Nebraska a bit less than OSU.  IU and the Gerbils are just there.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived