In your favorite team's division, what team bothers you the least?

verno

MLB AL Central: Royals. I guess in the time I've been a Tigers fan (25 years), they've been the least threatening and not much of a rival. 

NFL AFC North: Vikings. Sort of the same reason as the Royals. 

NBA Central: Bucks. Again, sort of the same as above. 

NHL Atlantic: Florida. I've sort of had a soft spot for the Panthers since they came into the league.

sig.png

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MLB: Orioles - Just a harmless team in the AL East a notch below the BlueJays, sure the Yanks tend to play down to their level but they're just not a legitimate threat unlike the Bosox who, well, that rivalry speaks for itself. Not to mention, the outrageous level they are playing at this year leaving the Yanks with no shot at being AL East champs this year.

NFL: Redskins - The Cowboys are the Cowboys and the Eagles (Philly) fanbase has their reputation and my personal experiences only add fuel to that fire. Which leaves the Skins who are just a mediocre football team that gets more attention than they deserve because of their controversial identity.

NHL: Hurricanes - A few years ago, this would have been impossible to answer because the Devils, Penguins, Flyers, and Islanders all bother me but since the reorganization, the Hurricanes just kind of seem "there" now.

So, AL Central's definitely the Twins. I don't have strong feelings against the White Sox either, though.

AFC North is the Bengals by a country mile.

On the balance of life, it's probably the Bucks in the NBA Central, but with LeBron gone now, I'll probably be able to root for the Pacers again, which'll be nice?

I'd have always said the Capitals for the Metropolitan, but now that they've won their Cup, it'll probably become the Islanders.

I don't think this exercise expands to other leagues/sports very well, but I don't really have anything against Wake Forest in the ACC. I like Brentford's approach to the world in the Championship; I've had a soft spot for 1. FC Köln in 2. Bundesliga.

6fQjS3M.png

From a Tampa Bay perspective:

- Rays = Baltimore (Honorable mention: Toronto, but due to personal circumstances I count them as much a rival as NYY and BOS)

- Bucs = None, from my perspective they'd all pick the Bucs, and Atlanta, Carolina, and New Orleans are all in the same boat being competitively equal when against the Bucs

- Lightning = Ottawa (Honorable mention: Buffalo, but they've beaten the Lightning in games where the Lightning should've destroyed the Sabres)

- South Florida Bulls football = Sticking to AAC East, i'd have to say East Carolina only because theyve been the weakest as of recent and the other 4 teams (Temple, Cincy, Uconn, and UCF) all have had some heated games with the Bulls

White Sox/AL Central: The Royals are so inoffensive. No pun intended. Okay, kind of intended. But I don't begrudge their success. Plus I like Kansas City as a city.

Blackhawks/Central: The Winnipeg Jets. Mostly by default since the other teams all DO bother me, but I also like Mark Scheifele. 

Packers/NFC North: Detroit Lions, by default. I didn't used to mind the Vikings, but the Minnesota fans I knowcan be pretty obnoxious. 

Magic/Southeast: None of them bother me...yet. I'm a brand new fan NBA fan.

Illini/B1G West: Nebraska, by default. 

Nebraska Football

Big Ten West: Illinois or Purdue.  There's plenty of history with Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota, even predating the old Big 8 or Big 10.  We've historically played them a bunch.  Northwestern has played Nebraska surprisingly tough since we joined the B1G.

Big Ten East: Maryland or Rutgers, due to their newness in the conference.  And Indiana.  Plenty of history with Penn State (we've each sidelined each other during potential title runs) and also with Michigan (we got the better trophy in 1997, guys, sorry).  Ohio State and MSU are just solid teams and fun to play.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

NL CENTRAL:  Brewers.  I like the Brewers, mostly.  They've had some jagoffs over the years, but who hasn't? 

NFC NORTH:  Lions.  The Vikings too are actually pretty cool.  We all hate the Packers, and in our hatred we are united.

CENTRAL:  I guess the Wild?  I kind of carry a gentle flame of annoyance for every team in the division, but the Wild are still in their relative infancy and their logo is kind of alright.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

15 minutes ago, TJKiddsHead said:

Nets fan: 76ers

As long at the Sixers fans think that Dr. J is theirs instead of ours, they can go jump in a lake.

There is a beautiful statue of the Doctor down in Philly.

statue_Erving.jpg

And at the foot of that statute is a plaque that lists his accomplishments.

statue_Erving_plaque.jpg

They list the ABA championships of 1974 and 1976, but they don't mention the Nets.  Scumbags. 

I get that Julius is a beloved Sixer.  Rightfully so.  But he is first and foremost a Net.  It was with the Nets, his hometown team, where he became a superstar.  The failure to recognise this on his statute's plaque is a disrespect to his legacy.

So get out of here with the Sixers.  For me the Nets' only divisional rival that is not offensive is the Raptors, who took the place of the equally non-offensive Bullets/Wizards.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

As a Wild fan, I'd say the Winnipeg Jets. I really enjoyed the fact that they got a team, and I love Blake Wheeler and now Patrik Laine. That being said, the title is about the team that bothers you the least, because I still hate the Jets... 

And as a Vikings fan, I would say the Lions. Nothing ever really happens with them, I feel like.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Wild: Probably Winnipeg, I also don't dislike Nashville... but I absolutely hate the Hawks and Avalanche.

Twins: I'd say Kansas City, I don't really hate any teams from the division... I just hate the &#$%ing Yankees.

Vikings: Detroit,probably because of the whole thanksgiving game tradition, and because they're not Chicago or Green Bay.

Timberwolves: Portland, no reason I just don't mind them.

MNUFC: Timbers... maybe I like Portland teams.

Liverpool: I like West Ham and I don't hate Spurs.

NHL Metropolitan: Columbus Blue Jackets- I like their uniforms, I like Panarin, I like Jones, I like Werenski, I like Jenner, I like Dubois, and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the fact that their initials of the team name are BJ (My dad pointed that one out). 

NFC East: Philadelphia Eagles- I like Carson Wentz, I like Napoleon... er, uh, Nick Foles, and I used to have a lot of my medical issues dealt with in Philadelphia and that city treated me really well and I love that city

AL East: Toronto Blue Jays- I like the city of Toronto, I really like their stadium, I like Josh Donaldson

NBA Atlantic- Philadelphia 76ers- Joel Embiid is my literal favorite person in all of sports. I like Simmons. I love Philadelphia, I like their uniforms. The Process rivals Joel Embiid's Twitter for the greatest trolling in NBA history. AI's "Practice" is another one of my favorite things. Honestly I love this team in so many ways.

Premier League- Everton- Honestly, I just love Liverpool. The Beatles are from there and it brought in the most Irish refugees from the Famine.

As graduate of tOSU who moved to Detroit as a young adult, I've learned to appreciate the Michigan State Spartans.  Their fans hate Michigan just as much as us Buckeyes do, and as an added bonus, MSU has kicked Wolverine ass on a pretty much regular basis for a good decade (not as much as Ohio State has for the past two decades, but still...).

One crazy thing for someone like me who moved here as an outsider without any rooting interest in either MSU or UofM, it's amazing how much the local media openly roots for Michigan over MSU. There seems to be this blanket understanding that Michigan is just about to regain the upper hand at any moment, regardless of how far in the distant past UofM's previous dominance is.  It's actually kind of funny to watch as MSU just chugs along and UofM keeps pounding their chests about things that happened 50 years ago.

NFC West (49ers): Cardinals, just by default because they're not the Rams or Seahawks. I respect Larry Fitzgerald.

NL East (Braves): Marlins, again by default because they're not the Mets, Phillies, or Nats. And the Greensboro Grasshoppers are an affiliate.

NBA Southeast (Hornets): Hawks, for no particular reason.

NHL Metropolitan (Hurricanes): Blue Jackets, I'm not a huge hockey fan, but I can't find a reason to dislike Columbus.

Big South Conference (Winthrop): Hampton, USC Upstate, or Longwood. Hampton and Upstate are brand new to the Big South, and Longwood is too far away and too generally bad at sports to really stir up hatred.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived