Pelicans Mardi Gras Court Concept (City Edition)

pelicanfan

fuXcCKt.jpg

a concept design I made. I know not a lot of people will like this because it’s so extra but I decided to put a lot of “extraness” to match the spirits of New Orleans during Mardi Gras. The skyline is the one if New Orleans and I put it on both the top and bottom for some symmetry. I also put the team name on the bottom instead because of the New Orleans vine design on the corners. I then bring back the old Nola logo and recolored it to a Mardi Gras color. Note: I am not a professional artist so please excuse some weird jagged up areas or ocd triggering details

IMG-7122.gif

I get the idea of symmetry, but both skylines on the court makes it look crowded. I would keep the one skyline at the bottom and remove the top one. Have you thought about putting the NOLA in the center instead of the pelican?

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

The swirly pattern on the sides are great.

I agree with @panthers_2012, the skyline on one side will do.

I love the use of the trumpet logo.

Perhaps you should flip the sublimated pelicans inside the three-point line so the basketball is in the circle.

Maybe consider the Bird de Lis as the center Court logo? I'd keep the Pelican's head white, and make its beak yellow.

Good work!

I would really love for the Pelicans to get their colors back and especially the name. I know everybody says this but it still had to be said. Pelicans sounds like a g-league name. Anyways, nice work!

Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; en orðstír deyr aldregi hveim er sér góðan getr.

On 8/13/2018 at 4:20 AM, Tore said:

I would really love for the Pelicans to get their colors back and especially the name. I know everybody says this but it still had to be said. Pelicans sounds like a g-league name. Anyways, nice work!

Agreed. Always wanted the pelicans to use Mardi Gras colors after the rebrand 

IMG-7122.gif

Archived