Mariners and Astros blue vs blue

48erhater

I saw this too.  The Astros have a pretty good home jersey schedule going, so I feel like this falls on the Mariners.  They did wear throwbacks Saturday, so maybe Seattle brought the navy only for the series...but IDK what Seattle wore Friday.

The Mariners wore gray Thursday night in Houston. Wear it again Sunday instead of the blue. The Astros only wear that blue top at home on Sundays. No reason word can't get over to the Mariners clubhouse to wear gray that day.

The Astros have a set uniform schedule at home from which they only occasionally deviate. They've worn the white jerseys instead of the blue for the two Sunday night games they've had this year. And they wore throwbacks Friday night instead of the usual orange on Friday night. They wear white every other home game unless there is a throwback or special event (gold trim for World Series ceremonies the first two home games of the season and the usual holiday crap). Actually, I wish they wore alts more at home, especially any that allow for extra use of the orange/blue cap they wear with the blue tops.

If this weren't baseball, I'd consider this a bigger deal.  Since it is, the guys in white pants pitch first and bat second.  The umps aren't gonna mistakenly award the Astros a run that Seattle actually scored.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived