Toronto Blue Jays Concept

LMU

Here's my shot at a Blue Jays redesign. The main feature is the redesiged hat/primary logo, which is the new logo (without the strange looking J) over a red maple leaf (like the late 90s). Then, I also made the hats and sleeves BLUE, so they are no longer the Gray Jays.

Logo:

jayslogo.gif

Home Uniforms:

jayshome.gif

Road Uniforms:

jaysroad.gif

EDIT: Scroll down to view the improved version

VmWIn6B.png

i dont like the contrast sleeves or the red piping on the jersey. if you made the jerseys solid color and maybe added an old phillies-style stripe that goes from the neck down the shoulder to the end of the sleeve and mathches the pants stripe. also, two things to think about. since your logo kicks so much ass and has the flava of the old one, think about going back to the original blue jays font, those blue split block letters? anyway, great work.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The red pipings' there so that the red from the logo could be incorporated into the rest of the jersey somehow. I wasn't too crazy about it myself, and I tried adding red to the script, but it didn't work as well as I would have liked it. I was also thinking about using the old script, but I kinda wanted to just update the garbage that they have now as opposed to completely abandoning it, but I'll go ahead and try to remove the piping, add blue piping, make the sleeveless an alternate, and perhaps make the numbers red a'la the Dodgers. I should have that up in an hour or so.

VmWIn6B.png

i have an idea for carrying the red too, kinda how i put it before. but try this out if ya can. take the striping on the pants, then, on your front jersey view you have there run it from the top of the neckline, along the perimeter of the sleeve, behind the blue jays logo and to the end of the sleeve, as the old phils uniform did, circa lenny dykstra?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

OK, I just tinkered with the concepts and I ended up ditching the red striping in favor for blue striping and a red outline around the numbers. In addition, I made the sleeveless jerseys and alternate.

EDIT: I added some blue into the wordmark. Let me know if it works.

Home Uniforms:

jayshomevar1.gif

Road Uniforms:

jaysroadvar1.gif

Alternate Uniforms:

jaysalt.gif

Logo:

jayslogo.gif

VmWIn6B.png

I klinda like what the Blue Jays have now (there is something you don't here everyday!) I think these look a bit of a mish mash to me. The wordmark needs some blue in there IMO top look right on this uniform!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I'm just curious, why do we always need a Canadian leaf in Canadian logos? I don't want to say that Canadians are obsessed with it but what gives?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I'm just curious, why do we always need a Canadian leaf in Canadian logos?  I don't want to say that Canadians are obsessed with it but what gives?

It's all we have

I just find that a little funny. Yeah the leaf is international symbol of Canada but surely they could adopt something else to use once and a while.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I'm just curious, why do we always need a Canadian leaf in Canadian logos? I don't want to say that Canadians are obsessed with it but what gives?

It's all we have

I just find that a little funny. Yeah the leaf is international symbol of Canada but surely they could adopt something else to use once and a while.

Americans use stars and stripes and eagles. We have a beaver as a national animal, so we don't use that much. Plus, the leaf is distinctive and recognizable, two elements that work very well in logos.

This is an improvement over what they currently have (but that doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot).

I'm missing the separation line through the middle of the numbers. This was a fundemental part of the Blue Jays scheme for their entire existence.

You've done a good job, but I don't think there exists an ultimate Blue Jays identity. I have one that I think is perfect, but I know others don't think it's all that great. Any Toronto baseball concept tends to divide the audience.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived