SportsLogos.Net News

Canucks Bringing Back the Flying Skate Uniforms in 2020

Recommended Posts

Canucks Bringing Back the Flying Skate Uniforms in 2020

August 13, 2018 - 20:22 PM

The Vancouver Canucks are bringing back the flying spaghetti skate not next season, but the season after that, the team announced this morning. In honour of the club’s upcoming 50th anniversary in 2019/2020, the Canucks held a fan poll to […]

Read More...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted for the Flying V but I'm still thrilled about the Skate winning. The crest and colours are still part of the Flying V brand.

 

Who knows, maybe the Flying V will be brought back vs Chicago and the NY Islanders in 2021-22 to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Towel Power and the '82 Finals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, if I was Vancouver I'd riot over this apparent rigged vote. They're good at that.

 

#FlyingVForever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have a feeling that this will be a nostalgia let down for me.

 

Similar to wanting the Oilers to go back to royal blue and then realizing the navy blue and bright orange looks better to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Placebo said:

Similar to wanting the Oilers to go back to royal blue and then realizing the navy blue and bright orange looks better to me.

I’ll take wrong answers for $200, Alex.  Royal blue is infinitely better for the Oilers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

announcing anything uniform/logo related that is over a year away is lame.

 

Yes. But it's going to start rolling off the shelves now too. That's the reasoning behind it

 

To me this is always the real Canucks uni, even though they have never stuck with anything for all that long

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

I’ll take wrong answers for $200, Alex.  Royal blue is infinitely better for the Oilers.

 

I wanted it to be, but nah, not for me. 

 

The colours compete for attention too much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

I found these gorgeous and I loved how the home whites looked against the backdrop of the well illuminated white ice of the Pacific Coliseum

 

tim-hunter-of-the-vancouver-canucks-skat

 

9978478.jpg?size=640x420

Like button.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

I found these gorgeous and I loved how the home whites looked against the backdrop of the well illuminated white ice of the Pacific Coliseum

 

tim-hunter-of-the-vancouver-canucks-skat

 

9978478.jpg?size=640x420

 

I will always love the home yellows because they gave light home uniforms some variety and they looked great on Pacific Coliseum ice. However, the colourful Skate crest stood out a lot better on the whites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, VancouverFan69 said:

 

I will always love the home yellows because they gave light home uniforms some variety and they looked great on Pacific Coliseum ice. However, the colourful Skate crest stood out a lot better on the whites.

 

Now that you've mentioned it, maybe they should bring back the yellows for a game or two, as well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, M4One said:

 

Now that you've mentioned it, maybe they should bring back the yellows for a game or two, as well.  

 

Wear the yellows against a team in dark,ie. vs Calgary in their vintage red or the Islanders in their royal blues. Don't like yellow vs white.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VancouverFan69 said:

 

Wear the yellows against a team in dark,ie. vs Calgary in their vintage red or the Islanders in their royal blues. Don't like yellow vs white.

 

I just want to see the Canucks’ old yellows playing the Sharks in green or light teal Seals-style throwbacks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though I voted for the flying V, I'm just excited to see the 1990s skate jerseys again (just like we did for one game in 2015).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.