Favorite jersey number?

CaliforniaGlowin

5 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

Well,  it seems we have this in common.  10 is also my favorite. It just looks  right. 

I wore #10 in HS football because I was a big Pearl Jam fan.

118972369.jpg

Of course, Pearl Jam named that album after sports - the band was originally called Mookie Blaylock before they were informed that that name could lead to trademark difficulties, so they named their first album "Ten" after Blaylock's jersey number.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

49 has been a favorite of mine dating back to my teens. It has to do with the old NFL numbering system. That was the highest number for a DB or RB to wear - still is. I thought of DBs who wore it as like combinations between DB and LB. Sometimes on Madden I would overload numbers in the 50s and 90s so I could have a linebacker wear 49. Now there's no need, as that's an allowed number for the position. With the number of players splitting time between linebacker and defensive line these days, that's led to weird sights like Vic Beasley Jr. lining up at defensive end while wearing #44.

I also echo OP in liking 0 and 00. I think I like the double aught better. I'd love to see a WR wear a single aught though. Too bad the number isn't allowed in the NFL.

Also, Benito Santiago's 09 for the expansion Marlins. Not sure how that was even allowed to happen, but I love it.

I've always loved how the #2 looks in most number fonts, especially basketball and football.

I always preferred wearing #6, #29 or #62. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

5 was the first number I wore in hockey. Then once I started playing travel hockey I wore 5 for one year, and then some new kid joined the following season and they gave him 5 for some reason so I threw a 9 in front and have been 95 ever since. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

19 kinda became a family number. 

Coincidentally all my family's names start with the letter S which is the 19th letter in the alphabet. 

But i really like the way it looks in basically any sport. 

I also wanna submit my vote for worst number: 37. 

My last name is 9 letters long and I always felt 34 looked better across my back compared to other digits.

I've worn 34 (Vanbiesbrouck) since I was a freshman in highschool, throughout college and even now in Beer Leagues, but I've dabbled with 1(Luongo) when nothing else is available- as well as 31 (Piazza, CuJo), 32 (Alex Fernandez, Roman Checkmanek.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

In five years of football, I never really chose my number...my first coach issued me 53, as we wore green and gold, and I share my surname with former Packers LB Fred Carr (no relation).  In freshman ball, I was handed #67, and wore that for two years.  67 was taken when I made varsity, so they threw me #95, which I wore as a junior and senior.

Only time I really picked a number was when I was on basically a makeshift JV, and I'd decided to wear 64.  Man that jersey was a tight squeeze.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

6 hours ago, smzimbabwe said:

I wore and liked  23 until I got tired of people saying "Jordan fan, huh?"

#23 has always been my favorite. I'm not really sure why. I'm a huge hockey guy, so my mind doesn't always associate that number with Jordan right away, but people always say something. Especially since I wore it for the few years I played middle school basketball. I also tried to wear it in football, but it ended up being taken, so I wore 24. And I heard a lot of beastmode jokes, even though I was definitely not going for that...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

6 has always been my favorite number ever since my dad gave it to me in my first season of baseball. It was his number growing up too. I think it looks great on any sports uniform as it is a single digit. 

Others I like include 28, 44, 51, 56. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

My favorite number would probably have to be 8, just because so many great players from my team have worn it - Cal Ripken Jr., Alex Ovechkin, and Steven Gerrard being the headliners. 24 is a close second. I also like 17, 7, and 81. 

spacer.png

Archived