Sign in to follow this  
SportsLogos.Net News

Beacon the Puffin Introduced as Maine Mariners Mascot

Beacon the Puffin Introduced as Maine Mariners Mascot

August 15, 2018 - 16:04 PM

The Maine Mariners, one of two new ECHL clubs to début this season, unveiled their team mascot this morning on a local morning news programme. Meet “Beacon”, a species of Atlantic puffin of which more than 4000 make their home […]

Read More...

While I felt they should go with the Maine Mariners brand due to its history in the marketplace, I also thought that Portland Puffins was the second-best of the identities that the team was considering.

That said, I'm not crazy about the fact that the colors in the mascot's beak really clash with the team's palette. Visually, I find it jarring.     

His legs look disproportionately small to his body, but they are also tiny by hockey player standards.  If anything this puffin should have freakishly built thighs and calves.

He also shouldn't be smiling, as he's wearing a jersey with a crest that completely sabotages the decent-to-good primaries alternate/secondary/old logos.

1 hour ago, Brian in Boston said:

While I felt they should go with the Maine Mariners brand due to its history in the marketplace, I also thought that Portland Puffins was the second-best of the identities that the team was considering.

That said, I'm not crazy about the fact that the colors in the mascot's beak really clash with the team's palette. Visually, I find it jarring.     

So do the colors of probably the most famous mascot in sports

phillie-phanatic-900x600-1.jpg