Best National Olympic Logo

clannhoran

What is the best National Olympic Team Logo?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the United States overused the hell out of one particular icon when associating its country to things, then we would have used it in our olympic logo. However, we are more than one red leaf. Thereby difficult to make a singular logo such as this.

For my money, the individual sport's logos in the US are some of my favorite logos of all time:

Soccer:

ngblogo_so.gif

Skiing:

ngblogo_sj.gif

Track and Field:

17422-070.jpg

Hockey:

USAH-LOGOPIN-001.jpg

Cycling:

usac_logo.gif

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Boxing:

ngblogo_bx.gif

Pentathalon:

ngblogo_mp.gif

Sailing:

ngblogo_sa.gif

Volleyball:

ngblogo_vo.gif

ANY of those are better than either of the two displayed above.

But yes, I admit, the canadian logo is better. What is with the wreath?

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

If the United States overused the hell out of one particular icon when associating its country to things, then we would have used it in our olympic logo. However, we are more than one red leaf. Thereby difficult to make a singular logo such as this.

In every one of those US logos, except for the Track one, (which is pretty cool btw) they have "overused the hell" out of one particular thing - the flag. Notice how all of them feature stars and/or stripes? :P

My favourite is the USA hockey. :hockeysmiley:

The wreath is a nice touch, celebrating the ancient history of the games (although I notice the IOC have decided there way to embarrass winers is by giving them a wreath when they win a medal!! They always find a way!) but they do need some kind of symbol of the US in there. canada's is way better IMO.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Of course the flag is in all of those US logos. The stars and stripes is our national symbol, just like the maple leaf in Canada. Look at the Canadien logos they all revolve around a maple leaf, becuase that's Canada's national symbol.

Of course the flag is in all of those US logos. The stars and stripes is our national symbol, just like the maple leaf in Canada. Look at the Canadien logos they all revolve around a maple leaf, becuase that's Canada's national symbol.

I know, we were just responding to Paynomind's remark...

they both suck. Canada just puts a random outline on the flame. Without that, maybe a solid logo.

USA...random green in there, no american symbolism. Bad. A little more "professional" looking, but not much. They should have just gone one color on it, then it might have been ok....looks like they washed it a few too many times, stupid muted colors.

I vote neither one. But out of any sport...Canada has the absolute best for basketball. I love it! U.S. Hockey has also been one of my favs...

Canadian BBall

The Canadian Olympic Logo is well done. However, all that really matters is what flag is in the center and what national anthem is played during the medal presentation ceremony.

BTW, the U.S. flag is the only one not dipped at the Olympics, as per the U.S. Flag Code: "No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor."

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Allow me to clarify my annoyance-

I am annoyed that eacha nd every thing that is candian MUST have that leaf. Not just olympic sports, which ARE about loving and representing your country. I mean EVERYTHING canadian seems to have the red leaf. Sure, you wise asses have a couple examples of things without, but in geeral, the red leaf is way overused by canadian teams and companys to scream "we are canada"

ΓΔΒ!

Allow me to clarify my annoyance-

I am annoyed that eacha nd every thing that is candian MUST have that leaf. Not just olympic sports, which ARE about loving and representing your country. I mean EVERYTHING canadian seems to have the red leaf. Sure, you wise asses have a couple examples of things without, but in geeral, the red leaf is way overused by canadian teams and companys to scream "we are canada"

Well, what the hell else CAN we have? I mean, I see a lot of products on the shelf with a big ol' Stars and Stripes and MADE IN THE USA on it, I see Stars/stripes on most USA logos, and some eagles. I see Maple Leafs and beavers on products. What's the big deal?

The thing with Canada's identity is that the maple leaf is the ONLY mark of identity for Canada so it's always going to be used. The U.S.A. use stars AND stripes, so either can and are going to be used. The only non-logo way to identify is to use just the names written out on the product.

I don't think I've ever seen any products that blantently have a maple leaf or stars/stripes on it. The only identifying marks I've seen is in small print that usually says MADE IN CANADA or MADE IN U.S.A. (Unless it's in French, then it's obvious.)

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived