Notre Dame Unveils Pinstriped, Yankees-Inspired Uniforms

Notre Dame Unveils Pinstriped, Yankees-Inspired Uniforms

August 16, 2018 - 18:53 PM

Under Armour was promised their logo on pinstripes at Yankee Stadium and MLB-be-darned… by golly they’re going to get it! UA and Notre Dame today unveiled the uniforms the team will wear for their annual Shamrock Series game against the […]

Read More...

22 minutes ago, dont care said:

My initial reaction is boo, but I really don’t know exactly with it being at yankee stadium 

No, it's most definitely a boo.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Some teams should never deviate from their iconic uniforms and Notre Dame is certainly one of them.  I can live with the pin stripe pants, but they should always have that traditional golden helmet.  Even for a team that doesn't have the tradition of Notre Dame, these are bad.

I am a huge ND fan, but I don't really like the Yankees. I get the tie-in with the Yankee Stadium game, but this is a jersey that I definitely won't be adding to the collection. I feel like ND's brand stands on its own. They don't need to incorporate elements from anyone else, regardless of how storied the Yankees and their pinstripes are. 

Already being discussed ad nauseam in the College Football thread:

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Archived