Dante_X

AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

10 hours ago, Dante_X said:

so CCM Quicklite 

CHL is switching over to the Quickite template. I suspect many teams will redesign just as when the switch to the Edge template happened

New Mexico Ice Wolves Unveil a Logo of Enchantment

April 22, 2019 - 14:29 PM

The New Mexico Ice Wolves, one of two new expansion teams joining the junior North American Hockey League, unveiled their team logo yesterday. Since the expansion announcement was made in February, the team had been using a temporary logo based […]

Read More...

I thought they were well thought out. 

Like certain aspects of it, dislike other aspects. Really could have done without the moon and stars on the nose. That's never gonna show up on a cap or any smaller embroidered logo and it really doesn't add anything.

Yeah. the ideas are there, but the execution is really dodgy. There are a lot of people on these boards that could do a much better, cleaner job.

The Milton Menace have joined the Ontario Jr. A Hockey League, relocating from Newmarket. I'd post pics but I'm in phone.

31 minutes ago, nash61 said:

The Milton Menace have joined the Ontario Jr. A Hockey League, relocating from Newmarket. I'd post pics but I'm in phone.

I got you

Uniform unveil is next week

33820382858_1dfbd10a45_b.jpg

With that logo, by Menace they must mean teenage hoodlum or night stalker from an episode of SVU.

5 hours ago, nash61 said:

Should have been the Fighting Staplers...

Danbury returns to the Federal Hockey League with the Hat Tricks. Not a bad identity for a low level minor league. Danbury is known as Hat City for its hat making history and ties. A great tie in to hockey with the name.

spacer.png

Well hello there, Aisha.

Free the Trashers!

In all seriousness, an inspired choice of both name and emblem.  Wish I'd thought of it.

This feels wasted on the FHL. Their average identity lasts just over a year and a half, plus this'll be the third identity for the city. It's fantastic for that level, and I need to look at some merch. I just hate that it'll most likely be gone in three years.

One of the rare occasions that such a generic, cliché name could be morphed into something pretty brilliant. 

I like that they chose a rabbit as well.  Hat - Magician - Trick - Pulling Rabbit out of Hat....

Took me a minute to make that connection, but it's very well thought out.

17 minutes ago, LMU said:

One of the rare occasions that such a generic, cliché name could be morphed into something pretty brilliant. 

Oddly enough, this is the first time I've seen Hat Tricks used as a team name in spite of it's cliche-ness.