Dante_X

AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

You Otter Know Erie Updates Old Look for New Logo

May 20, 2019 - 15:26 PM

The Erie Otters are bringing back a familiar face to the Ontario Hockey League. Just three seasons after it was replaced, the Otters announced yesterday that their hockey-playing otter logo, used by the team for their first twenty seasons, would […]

Read More...

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 3:34 PM, BeerGuyJordan said:

It's actually clever and well executed, instead of a Brandiosesque, ham-fisted attempt at being clever. 

First time I've seen it for a "proper" team. Lots of beer league use.

The site https://www.mascotdb.com/browse does not list this mascot. As far as I can tell, it's a very comprehensive list of mascots and teams that use them.

The alternate looks so much better, it should be the primary

The powerful bread lobby keeps stopping their research.

Putting “Erie” in the helmet is trying too hard to be clever. You shouldn’t have to search for the location name on the primary mark.

8 hours ago, the admiral said:

The powerful bread lobby keeps stopping their research.

This is an underrated reply.

23 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

The alternate looks so much better, it should be the primary

I imagine the design process was TO make it the primary...but possible backlash from ST holders when they saw it forced a polishing of the existing logo.

Over the weekend, the Kingston Frontenacs held their rookie camp. during said camp they had the rookie photo shoot in which they were wearing the new ccm cut. same look as last season save for the new collar

spacer.png

New sweaters for the Sherbrooke Phœnix.

I don't get the whole Sherbrooke Phoenix identity. It's not French; a Phoenix could be anywhere. Was Castors completely off the table as an option? 

Winnipeg Ice going with exactly what they had in Kootaney, just on the Quicklite template

47975478608_22c5a3d371_b.jpg

I don't understand why Kootenay went with greyscale on the dark jerseys, it looks really bad.

On 5/31/2019 at 11:24 PM, monkeypower said:

I don't understand why Kootenay went with greyscale on the dark jerseys, it looks really bad.

Agreed,  I know they just rebranded a couple years ago but really disappointing that they essentially did nothing to the identity for this big move.  To have the moniker "Ice" but use dull grey everywhere instead of a bright, icy white seems odd...the whole look is dark and muted and lacks contrast.  And the jersey design with the piping and tiny hem striping looks bad and dated.

Consider Sherbrooke right above getting rid of the cream for just a straight white - I think it makes everything pop more.  The Sherbrooke colorway is actually more would I would think the Ice would fit.

Oh well, maybe it'll be like the Rams where they will adjust the look a year or two into their Winnipeg residency.

I don't know if this means much of anything but, on the QMJHL's official website, the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies have a new official logo. Perhaps they'll have new sweaters too?

Last season:
spacer.png

This season:

spacer.png

The only other team to change their "official" logo on the QMJHL's official website are the Shebrooke Phœnix.

In the PJHL Jr.C, Wallaceburg Lakers had been rebranded to the Wallaceburg Thunderhawks. Story

Old:

Spoiler
spacer.png

New:

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

Meanwhile, the Wheatley Sharks revealed their 25th-anniversary logo.

Spoiler

spacer.pngspacer.png

All the pictures came from Facebook. Thunderhawks Jr.C page Wheatley Sharks Page