AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

Dante_X

I don't get the whole Sherbrooke Phoenix identity. It's not French; a Phoenix could be anywhere. Was Castors completely off the table as an option? 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 5/31/2019 at 11:24 PM, monkeypower said:

I don't understand why Kootenay went with greyscale on the dark jerseys, it looks really bad.

Agreed,  I know they just rebranded a couple years ago but really disappointing that they essentially did nothing to the identity for this big move.  To have the moniker "Ice" but use dull grey everywhere instead of a bright, icy white seems odd...the whole look is dark and muted and lacks contrast.  And the jersey design with the piping and tiny hem striping looks bad and dated.

Consider Sherbrooke right above getting rid of the cream for just a straight white - I think it makes everything pop more.  The Sherbrooke colorway is actually more would I would think the Ice would fit.

Oh well, maybe it'll be like the Rams where they will adjust the look a year or two into their Winnipeg residency.

I don't know if this means much of anything but, on the QMJHL's official website, the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies have a new official logo. Perhaps they'll have new sweaters too?

Last season:
spacer.png

This season:

spacer.png

The only other team to change their "official" logo on the QMJHL's official website are the Shebrooke Phœnix.

• Like 1

In the PJHL Jr.C, Wallaceburg Lakers had been rebranded to the Wallaceburg Thunderhawks. Story

Old:

Spoiler
spacer.png

New:

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

Meanwhile, the Wheatley Sharks revealed their 25th-anniversary logo.

Spoiler

spacer.pngspacer.png

All the pictures came from Facebook. Thunderhawks Jr.C page Wheatley Sharks Page

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Calgary Hitmen 25th anniversary logo.

D92CftMVUAAoHLJ?format=jpg&name=medium

Keeping the white under the eyes is a little odd with the all silver logo. They’ve used an all white mask logo in the past for marketing where the under eye was the same colour as the mask.

The white under the eyes makes him look tired.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

On 5/31/2019 at 2:14 PM, the admiral said:

I don't get the whole Sherbrooke Phoenix identity. It's not French; a Phoenix could be anywhere. Was Castors completely off the table as an option? 

Not every team that plays in Quebec has to be ramming Francophonia down your throat.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dante_X said:

Slight modifications to the Sagueneens jersey

New collar with big blank white square (?!?!)

Stripes at the bottom are larger and higher than before

No white shoulder yoke

D8eSc7uX4AAawjA?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

I'll never understand the CHL's fascination with having the CCM logo on the chest and the back of the uniform as well as having the league logo as big as it is. Leads to ridiculousness like the Captain's C above and this:

Image result for kelowna rockets memorial cup

• Like 2

AmPJ0Ty.png 

13 hours ago, Dante_X said:

Slight modifications to the Sagueneens jersey

New collar with big blank white square (?!?!)

Stripes at the bottom are larger and higher than before

No white shoulder yoke

D8eSc7uX4AAawjA?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

These vertical stripes definitely have to go...

AHL Unveils 2020 All-Star Logo

June 27, 2019 - 17:22 PM

The American Hockey League today unveiled the logo for the 2020 AHL All-Star Classic, to be played in Ontario, California and hosted by the Ontario Reign. Borrowing its overall shield shape from the Reign’s NHL affiliate, the Los Angeles Kings, […]

Read More...

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2019 at 4:02 AM, walkerws said:

Easily an upgrade but it seems a little too busy to me. 

Agreed, there are some things that could be improved. Although, when it's such a significant upgrade, that almost feels like looking a gift horse in the mouth.

• Like 2

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions)