Dante_X

AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

Interesting update. Wish the jerseys changed a little to see something new. Then again I have no allegiance so I’m not attached in any way. 

Trademark Filing Suggests Palm Springs Firebirds to be Seattle AHL Affiliate

August 14, 2019 - 20:00 PM

The National Hockey League’s incoming Seattle franchise revealed in June that their American Hockey League affiliate would play in Palm Springs, CA, and today we have the first hints of a name for that team: The Palm Springs Firebirds. As […]

Read More...

FYI, the stripe that runs along under the shoulder panels is absent on the back of the jerseys, thanks to that weird new CCM tag on the back collar that juts down into the back of the jersey.

Not a bad update, I always liked the "Screaming" part of the name but it's not the end of the world. I do think that the logo seems a little more E-Sportsy than a hockey logo if you know what I mean.

9 hours ago, Roger Clemente said:

FYI, the stripe that runs along under the shoulder panels is absent on the back of the jerseys, thanks to that weird new CCM tag on the back collar that juts down into the back of the jersey.

That's just stupid.  Should have just deleted the front, too.  Otherwise, it is a nice jersey and I can see why they kept it the same.  New logo is a big upgrade.

If the CBE monogram were just a little more compact, it'd be a terrific primary, extremely dignified for junior.

I mean it works for a team in the desert, but yeah it's been overdone and it's generic af. 

Right, well, Cape Breton is far from a desert.

The standalone eagle is very generic. I stand by my CBE assessment.

On 8/14/2019 at 7:44 AM, CGL77 said:

spacer.png

The fact that the first E in Eagles does NOT have a serif is going to bug me...

QMJHL: Cape Breton Quiets Down – Changes Name, Logo, Uniforms

August 16, 2019 - 13:58 PM

There will be a lot less “screaming” on Cape Breton in 2020. Yesterday the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League announced the team would be dropping the “Screaming” half of their name, introduced a new […]

Read More...

The Cape Breton redesign is great and a huge upgrade (especially the CBE secondary mark). However, I think placing the text emphasis on EAGLES and not CAPE BRETON is a little bit of a blunder, because I can't shake this feeling like it's a stock art design on Shutterstock or a generic Create-A-Team design. That vibe may be due in part to the illustration and text styling as well, or due to the fact that Cape Breton is disconnected from the rest of the crest. 

I think a small change like this helps make the primary design a little less generic. 

spacer.png

17 hours ago, the admiral said:

Right, well, Cape Breton is far from a desert.

I believe he was referring to the Firebirds choice

As for the Eagles update, I actually liked the 'Screaming' prefix. Without it you have a much more generic identity, especially with the new logo looking like it was pulled from the create-a-team mode of a video game. I do really like the alternate logo though.