AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

Dante_X

I hate the changes they made to their main set, when they moved up to the AHL, but that's a sharp third.

• Like 1

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

So with little fanfare, the Cape Breton Eagles also changed their name and number fonts. Names are single color black on white and white on black, but the numbers are now yellow with a single black outline on the white jerseys  and white with a black and yellow outline on black. 

IMG_3759-1024x683.jpg

IMG_3132-1024x683.jpg

2019-09-28_SNBvsCAP3-1024x683.jpg

2019-09-28_SNBvsCAP4-1024x683.jpg

• Like 3

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

So what's kind of weird, but makes sense in terms of production costs/efforts, Red Deer's already existing alternates didn't switch templates and I would assume they just have the same jersey set from previous years.

EFm08fiUwAAh2dQ.jpg

I assume that would be the case with most, if not all, the pre-existing alternates? (though the Hitmen anniversary jersey isn't on the new template either)

IEI5Tg1.png

The Ottawa 67's made some changes to their white jerseys with the switch to the new template. The sleeve yoke has been straightened out so that it no longer overlaps with the longer nameplates, but for some reason the black piping along the yoke is now only on the front of the jersey. They've also switched from white to red numbers on the sleeves.

Last season:

spacer.png

This season:

spacer.png

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

The Ottawa 67's made some changes to their white jerseys with the switch to the new template. The sleeve yoke has been straightened out so that it no longer overlaps with the longer nameplates, but for some reason the black piping along the yoke is now only on the front of the jersey. They've also switched from white to red numbers on the sleeves.

Last season:

spacer.png

This season:

spacer.png

Did they change the font and socks as well? 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

9 hours ago, monkeypower said:

So what's kind of weird, but makes sense in terms of production costs/efforts, Red Deer's already existing alternates didn't switch templates and I would assume they just have the same jersey set from previous years.

EFm08fiUwAAh2dQ.jpg

I assume that would be the case with most, if not all, the pre-existing alternates? (though the Hitmen anniversary jersey isn't on the new template either)

The Huskies and Olympiques have also worn their RBK Edge alts this season. 

The Kingston Frontenacs went to a solid back to their jersey with the switch to Quicklite. The white and bottom yellow stripes on the yoke are no longer, and the letters are white on black. and the sleeve numbers have switched to black.

BEFORE:

Frontenacs_AB33489.jpg

AFTER:

B88891234Z.1_20191005023008_000_GNKOC1RQ

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

On 10/5/2019 at 6:50 PM, Bonez said:

Here are new Jacksonville Icemen Alternate jerseys. A little nod to their Jets affiliation with the logo.

spacer.pngspacer.png

"Jax" with some white stuff dripping off the bottom certainly is an aesthetic.

• Like 3
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Battlefords North Stars unveiled their third jerseys and they're not good. The intention is to be some sort of an amalgamation of team history but the jersey sucks. It's like the EDGE Thrashers alternate had a baby with the original EDGE Blues.

They used to be called the Barons from 73-83 which is where the colours come from and then it has the N-star North Stars logo which the team also used to wear.

Also their social media sucks, even by jr. A standards, hence why I have to use a portrait video from Facebook (just make the video go full screen). There's no good full body pictures of the uniform anywhere yet, even from the two local media organizations.

IEI5Tg1.png

On 10/8/2019 at 5:42 PM, Corvus said:

New BCHL team for next year, effectively replacing the Kootenay Ice. 

🤷‍♂️

So if you name your team the Bucks you aren't allowed to use green or have a deer in your logo? 

I understand the tweet isn't supposed to be taken too seriously, but if you want to make jokes about junior hockey teams ripping off pro logos, there are dozens of better examples out there.

• Like 1

The Hamilton Bulldogs wore their Tiger-Cats jerseys today, and I'd say it's the best crossover jersey ever. 

XFZdoqx.png

W3HZBJOQ7BFUNGYBRTZ3GHXEZY.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17