AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

Dante_X

The NAHL is going wild right now. I just saw that the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights are heading to Danbury, Connecticut. They are going to be the Danbury Jr. Hat Tricks. I don't think I have ever heard a more NAHL name. How do you think the boys, who are making D1 and D3 college commits and are working towards high pro hockey dreams, feel about being considered the junior of a Fed team?

http://nahl.com/news/story.cfm?id=29523

23 hours ago, the admiral said:

Better than Trashers, n'est-ce pas?

I’m not sure. Playing for a “Jr.” team growing up it always felt like there was no connection between the two, making it the most youth name ever. One of my friends loved to make fun of those types of teams by starting with the team’s city name and following it with “Young Jr. AAA Hockey Club Elite All-Stars” (Basically all the stereotypes of a youth team pushed together). If I wasn’t a fan of playing for the Jr. (Insert NHL team here), then I couldn’t imagine being a “Jr.” of fifth tier pro hockey could be any better. I know guys on my college club team who have had some play time in that league.

I don't know if I like the bird as the for Scouts. I'm sure they'll explain it somehow, but I don't see how a bird fits into "Scouts". I feel they probably were a bit leery about any Native American connection, but I think using a horse would make more sense because then it would tie back into the statue and the original Kansas City Scouts.

IEI5Tg1.png

10 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

I don't know if I like the bird as the for Scouts. I'm sure they'll explain it somehow, but I don't see how a bird fits into "Scouts". I feel they probably were a bit leery about any Native American connection, but I think using a horse would make more sense because then it would tie back into the statue and the original Kansas City Scouts.

Falconry isn't an uncommon thing in scouting; and the logo is obviously a hawk/eagle.

Wait a second.... you're telling me that they are copying the shield shape from the Springfield Jr. Blues? They are only 4 hours away from each other! I am sure the design department could have taken inspiration from anything other than their closest geographic rival, right?

3 minutes ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

Wait a second.... you're telling me that they are copying the shield shape from the Springfield Jr. Blues? They are only 4 hours away from each other! I am sure the design department could have taken inspiration from anything other than their closest geographic rival, right?

That's hardly a shape unique to the Jr. Blues.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

There are a couple of reasons that I can see an eagle being selected to serve as the central image in the Kansas City Scouts' logo.

First, scouts are responsible for gathering information. They are the "eyes" and "ears" of the organizations and communities that they serve. As such, it is important that their powers of observation be finely honed and that they have outstanding aural and visual acuity. Birds of prey - such as the eagle depicted in the logo of the NAHL's Kansas City Scouts - are known to possess extremely sharp vision. Hence the term "eagle-eyed" being used to describe someone with keen eyesight.

Second, there is the obvious play on the BSA rank of Eagle Scout    

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

That's hardly a shape unique to the Jr. Blues.

I am not saying it is unique to Springfield, just the same found in their logo. Sure there are altering outlines, but it is very similar. It surprises me they are using something so similar.

On 5/14/2020 at 4:35 PM, Black Dragon said:

I don't see why they're making a big deal about it now, that logo has been in the wild since at least September.

https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2019/09/10/kansas-city-scouts-trademark-lamar-hunt-nhl.html

• Like 3
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17