AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

Dante_X

How were they able to secure rights to the name?

And yes, those uniforms are 🔥.  Nice double entendre play on the eagle imagery, too.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• 1 month later...

FPHL’s New Motor City Rockers Announce Name, Logos, Colours

August 11, 2020 - 19:36 PM

The Federal Prospects Hockey League’s newest club announced that they will be known as the Motor City Rockers at a press conference today, they also unveiled their logo and colours. The Fraser, Michigan-based club will use purple, black, white, and gray as their colour scheme and feature a primary logo

Read More...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, A_J_H said:

I'm surprised that it took them this long. I hope they somehow throw the moose head logo they had and make it primary.

MooseJawMinorHockey.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

On 10/1/2020 at 10:40 PM, jp1409 said:

Long overdue. You probably have to be blind to enjoy this logo.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/globalnews.ca/news/7372282/moose-jaw-warriors-logo-review-whl/amp/

The one thing I will say about the Moosejaw Warriors logo is that I appreciated how they incorporated the hockey stick and puck into the design. It was subtle, but clever. 

Unfortunately that's about it, and it's time to say goodbye to the war bonnet.

I assume they'll just formally switch to the Moose alternate they added a couple years back.

moosejaw-warriors-logo.svg

The U18 Moose Jaw Warriors use this as the primary already.

The only problem is that the Warriors jerseys are absolutely terrible, but they'll probably stick around. Mostly because the current Moose alt jersey is the same template and the U18's use that jersey template too with the Moose logo.

Spoiler

warriors-rebels-augustine-celeb.jpg;w=96

Warriors-Win-Dec28.jpg

Warriors-Calgary-Oct19.jpg

IbjBaeE.png

The Vancouver Island Junior Hockey League's Saanich Braves abruptly decided they needed to follow the lead of the Washington and Edmonton Football teams and change their name.

They went with 'Saanich Predators' and released this logo yesterday.

Saanich Predators Release New Team Logo - ISN

This is their old logo

Junior Braves Unveil New Dressing Room - ISN

Honestly I can't say I'm a fan. The Orca definitely looks awkward, derivative and rushed. Dumb as the name is however it was probably the best of the 5 final finalists, with the others being "Squid, Summit, Riptide and "Defenders".

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...