AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

Dante_X

5 hours ago, the admiral said:

Yeah, but the longtime mayor of Mississauga was known as "Hurricane Hazel.," so it would have been a tribute to her. I looked, and she is 99, and very much not dead.

Well, the sports teams at Hazel McCallion public school (grades 6-8) are known as the Hurricanes

EVHz7VJWAAANt45?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

I saw, I came, I left.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Henderson going chrome dome at home.

Es1S20uVoAE14Ib?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Es1d0CxUwAAlYVx?format=jpg&name=4096x409

There's enough metallic silver in Henderson's logo that it kind of works, but the flat gray fabric still clashes too much with it imo. Now, a chrome helmet with a metallic silver jersey a la Vegas's gold alternate, that would be...interesting? Maybe?

• Like 2

I... don't hate it.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

8 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

I don't think its bad, especially for an AHL team, although I think black breezers would have worked wonders here. The dark gray feels somewhat off.

I'm guessing they're the same ones that Vegas is using, even if the lighting is doing a trick.

• Like 1

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Contrasting nameplates need to go away and never, ever, ever, ever come back.  Otherwise, I really like that look.

• Like 8

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

4 hours ago, TBGKon said:

Wait, did they ditch the chrome domes or are the lighting skewing the images?

7 minutes ago, TheLAKnight said:

I'm guessing they're going to be used for certain games, like when Nashville originally wore gold helmets only on Saturdays, because those are definitely dark gray. 

Maybe they're just not ready yet?

• Like 1

Yeah one of their announcement tweets was oddly specific in saying

HSK will wear the chrome helmets during every home game at Orleans Arena

so I could see them waiting for the regular season, especially with VGK as their parent team.

16 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Maybe they're just not ready yet?

Maybe, but their announcement pictures had seven different helmets and if all the helmets weren't ready yet, seven seems like a weird number to get in one shipment (or they just had one and changed out the front helmet numbers for each different player picture but that seems like a lot of work).

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png

• 4 weeks later...