AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

Dante_X

• 3 weeks later...

The new OHA Graduate League announced their second team today.

1. Paris Mounties

300_parismounties1.jpg

2. Hamilton Henchmen

E5A82c6X0AUVbb9?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 1
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

8 hours ago, nash61 said:

The new OHA Graduate League announced their second team today.

1. Paris Mounties

300_parismounties1.jpg

2. Hamilton Henchmen

E5A82c6X0AUVbb9?format=jpg&name=small

So why are these guys allowed to use the "Mounties" name and likeness on a logo but when Vancouver got the NBA and wanted to use the name, they were told no? I know the logo was terrible and the on court performance was dreadful but that aside, why is this ok and the NBA was not?

For the record, I much prefer the Grizzlies name over "Mounties".

2 hours ago, kiwi_canadian said:

So why are these guys allowed to use the "Mounties" name and likeness on a logo but when Vancouver got the NBA and wanted to use the name, they were told no? I know the logo was terrible and the on court performance was dreadful but that aside, why is this ok and the NBA was not?

For the record, I much prefer the Grizzlies name over "Mounties".

My guess is their so low level no one cares. 

• Like 3

On 6/10/2021 at 10:54 PM, bowld said:

Love it. Also read the top part of the logo is meant to be the Montreal Olympic flame. Super cool 

Why? They're like an hour and a half away, Trois-Rivieres is well beyond what we can consider Greater Montreal

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

22 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Canucks  sent out that the identity of their farm team will be announced July 9th, hinting that they'll be wearing green.

cahlft2021

If it is green, I think that's pretty smart.  Have similar colours, yet still be able to have their own identity different from the parent club.

Would also like to see the Canucks use green for an alternate.

10 hours ago, M4One said:

If it is green, I think that's pretty smart.  Have similar colours, yet still be able to have their own identity different from the parent club.

This would be a good starting place, for Abbotsford or Vancouver

zhk34nas0rdz.jpg.bb898a1122923007454926f

• Like 2

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

18 hours ago, the admiral said:

Why? They're like an hour and a half away, Trois-Rivieres is well beyond what we can consider Greater Montreal

Because the team is the AA affiliate of the Canadiens

Signature intentionally left blank

3 hours ago, Dante_X said:

new Gatineau Olympiques jersey for 2021-2022

E4-DyulXEAEYWUy?format=jpg&name=4096x409

E5jBEJQWEAQltu9?format=jpg&name=medium

E4-DxMTWQAMerMB?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Thanks for the heads up on this.  If there is a new jersey, the organization should have a media event to unveil it.  No disrespect to the recruits pictured in the jersey, but this is not the way a team should unveil its new look to its fans.

On 7/3/2021 at 8:20 PM, M4One said:

Agree with having colours that relate to the club but also having its own identity.  Which is why I would have loved to see the AHL team go with black uniforms trimmed in salmon and yellow.  Colours of the Canucks back in the Skate logo days.

On 7/3/2021 at 12:21 AM, Chromatic said:

Canucks  sent out that the identity of their farm team will be announced July 9th, hinting that they'll be wearing green.

cahlft2021

Abbotsford reveal pushed back to July 14th.

https://www.abbynews.com/sports/vancouver-canucks-delay-abbotsford-ahl-team-announcements/

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17