AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

Dante_X

2 minutes ago, Brian in Boston said:

spacer.png

Had this Portland Winterhawks logo been unveiled yet, or could the team's new mark be hiding in plain sight on their web page? 

Not yet. There is supposed to be a big unveiling today for this new logo.

This article explains everything going on with the Winterhawks.

I heard the delay was due to someone involved in the announcement having a family  emergency. The Canucks basically had fired everyone in their front office aside from essential hockey ops people so there was probably no one to cover it. There are 85 job postings with the Canucks at Indeed: https://ca.indeed.com/Vancouver-Canucks-jobs

Website up now: https://abbotsford.canucks.com/

• Like 1

I think the branding and colours are perfectly suitable for an AHL team, and the ideal place for the Canucks to scratch the Johnny Canuck itch. The White jersey should have green as the main trim colour though.

Hopefully this board’s favourite pastime discussing the Canucks identity into oblivion can slow down to some degree, since an overdone internet concept finally made its way onto a professional jersey. 

Probably not though, lol.

• Like 4

Honestly like the Portland Winterhawks new logo. I understand there was probably other reasons behind the change, but it's nice that the team represents their city more. When I first got into the CHL I thought that they must be affiliated with the Blackhawks somehow, so ending that confusion is helpful - at least to outsiders like me. It's a little generic, but the call-back to the feathers in the old logo's hair, and mountains on the bottom half are unique enough for me.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

Not yet. There is supposed to be a big unveiling today for this new logo.

This article explains everything going on with the Winterhawks.

They actually announced the logo a couple minutes before your post:

https://shopwinterhawks.com/

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rorinator said:

Honestly like the Portland Winterhawks new logo. I understand there was probably other reasons behind the change, but it's nice that the team represents their city more. When I first got into the CHL I thought that they must be affiliated with the Blackhawks somehow, so ending that confusion is helpful - at least to outsiders like me. It's a little generic, but the call-back to the feathers in the old logo's hair, and mountains on the bottom half are unique enough for me.

100% agree. I lived in Portland for 10 years and during a recent period of prolonged success for the Winterhawks, when they were regularly producing future NHL stars. The team has a pretty devoted fanbase, but I never once felt like there was a sustained buzz around the franchise. 

I always wondered whether it would be different had they not been playing Blackhawks dress-up for so long. As a fan, I'd much rather connect with an original brand rather than one mimicking one that's more famous yet without any real direct ties to that club. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

Can anyone try an updated 2D Senators logo on these?

The Sens don't need gold stripes anywhere on the jersey. You don't see the Blackhawks using green, yellow, or orange outside of their logos.

Except that the best Sens jerseys to date were the laurel alts and the gold stripes were terrific.

I absolutely love that Canucks logo.  The jerseys are ok.

I'm not feeling the Portland logo, really; the style just doesn't do it for me.

• Like 5

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.