AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

Dante_X

10 hours ago, Burmy said:

Alas, poor Skating Fridge...you were too good for this world.

FRIDGE-ONCOL_FC.png

This quickly became one of my favorite logos of all time. I have a hat of it, but would absolutely love to see more jerseys.

That said, I do love the new retro-style logo. 

• Like 2

Well this is underwhelming.

I think using the Blackhawks template is worse now with a new logo. With the previous logo, you at least had the history of why they were playing Blackhawks dress-up but now it just looks like they picked the Blackhawks template out of a catalogue because it happened to match the logo colours. Why not make a clean break from the old brand with new jerseys?

I still don't like going with metallic gold in the logos instead of flat.

• Like 1

IEI5Tg1.png

"We are distancing ourselves from the Blackhawks brand," they said right before unveiling jerseys using the identical template they used before.

I get that the Chicago jerseys are some of the most beloved in pro sports, but some junior teams need to be a little more original. Niagara & Red Deer also use a similar design.

On 7/16/2021 at 8:09 AM, Gothamite said:

It’s fine, I guess.  But after the fridge and the skeleton, it’s a little obvious and more than a title underwhelming. 

spacer.png

I would love to see a standalone image version of this logo. He looks incredibly badass for a faux-vintage cartoon.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Yeah, unfortunately you can’t just do a recolor.  

Many designs only work in the colors they were designed for.  I just wish they had designed it with the team colors in mind. 

Eh, I think there's a way to make it work if you futz with the color placements a bit;

spacer.png

This looks pretty decent, IMO.

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Yeah, unfortunately you can’t just do a recolor.  

Many designs only work in the colors they were designed for.  I just wish they had designed it with the team colors in mind. 

That sucks. Because otherwise, I'd love to pair this with the Ads current colour scheme, but I knew it didn't turn out well. I could try darkening the light blue part to at least give it a little bit contrast to cream.

Waterloo Black Hawks (USHL) unveiled their new logo today, designed by Brian Gundell.

BEFORE:

7961_waterloo__black_hawks-primary-2015.

AFTER:
2021Logo_large.png

• Like 6
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 4 weeks later...

The Hitmen unveiled what they're calling their "Great Neighbour Jersey" that they are going to be wearing for Sunday games.

The text on the jersey are the neighbourhoods of Calgary, the bottom of the jersey has the skyline and then different Calgary landmarks/imagery. The patterns of the numbers and the sleeve striping, as mentioned in the tweet, come from the two local First Nations who the Hitmen has done more stuff with in recent years.

“This jersey is meant to be gifted to someone as a thank you,” explained Hitmen Manager of Business Operations Rob Kerr.  “It’s for that neighbour who takes care of the old couple down the block, for the coach who spends a few extra minutes helping a youngster throw that perfect pitch or for the nurse who always has a smile on their face no matter how many patients they have seen.  Calgary is a tremendous city but it’s the people, our Great Neighbours, that make it a special home.  Our hope is that when you see someone wearing this jersey, you will know that you’re seeing a great neighbour, a person who has made our community better with no thought of acknowledgment or compensation. You will also know the person inside that jersey is a Great Neighbour.”

I mean... I guess?

• Like 1

IEI5Tg1.png

This is what happens whenever these types of jerseys are done.

Smart person: Hey, let's tastefully tie in some aspects of the city.

Idiot who is actually in the position of power: SCREW THAT! Let's jam pack 29448392 things into one jersey.

• Like 7

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

4 hours ago, monkeypower said:

The Hitmen unveiled what they're calling their "Great Neighbour Jersey" that they are going to be wearing for Sunday games.

The text on the jersey are the neighbourhoods of Calgary, the bottom of the jersey has the skyline and then different Calgary landmarks/imagery. The patterns of the numbers and the sleeve striping, as mentioned in the tweet, come from the two local First Nations who the Hitmen has done more stuff with in recent years.

I mean... I guess?

Wow.  They are going to wear that every Sunday?  Something that looks like that should be a one-off at the most.  I really don't like it. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Wade Heidt said:

Wow.  They are going to wear that every Sunday?  Something that looks like that should be a one-off at the most.  I really don't like it. 

Yeah, that's my thought process. It's fine for a one-off kind of thing, but to ostensibly make it the alternate jersey, which the Hitmen don't currently have one, is a lot.

The Hitmen usually play a decent amount of Sunday matinees and in recent years have been marketing them as "Sunday Funday" games, for more families to come to a game that's not starting at 7 pm. The release says those jerseys will be worn for the Sunday Funday home games, which according to the schedule is 17 out of 34 games (side note: that seems to be way more Sunday games than usual).

Maybe it might not survive the jersey colour flip and maybe not all the Sunday games are Sunday Fundays (but I think they are), but right now according to the release, those are going to be worn for 50%(!) of the home games.

• Like 2

IEI5Tg1.png