AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

Dante_X

15 hours ago, Wade Heidt said:

The Hitmen should be wearing black with pink and silver trim for a regular alternate jersey.

The Hitmen have never really been an alternate jersey team.

They had one alternate during the early to mid-00's that lasted a couple years and then they've had four anniversary jerseys (one throwback, three non-throwback) of which two lasted a couple years as an alternate past the anniversary (the throwback and one of the non-throwbacks) and then the jersey they wore for the outdoor game back in 2011 also lasted a season or two after as well.

So in their 26 years, they've only had one alternate jersey that was strictly an alternate.

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png

18 hours ago, Wade Heidt said:

The Hitmen should be wearing black with pink and silver trim for a regular alternate jersey.

I'll do you one better, they should be wearing black and pink for every game. The team is named after Bret Hart. Does that count for nothing in this crazy mixed-up world?

• Like 7

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

5 hours ago, the admiral said:

I'll do you one better, they should be wearing black and pink for every game. The team is named after Bret Hart. Does that count for nothing in this crazy mixed-up world?

I 100% support this, would like to see it, but I think realistically the Hitmen won't do it.  We've seen their current colour scheme for so many years and feeling I get is they won't be changing it.

• Like 1

I know it's different because they bought a rival organization in this case, but with the Flames turning back the clock to give the people what they want, one would think they'd do the same with their junior club. Doesn't the pink stuff always sell well when they break it out? From a branding perspective, you can't argue with it. Talk about standing out from the crowd. What are the Hitmen now, dark red, black, and beige?

• Like 2

22 hours ago, the admiral said:

I know it's different because they bought a rival organization in this case,

? (unless you're talking about when the Flames bought the Hitmen back in 1997)

but with the Flames turning back the clock to give the people what they want, one would think they'd do the same with their junior club. Doesn't the pink stuff always sell well when they break it out?

The pink stuff is fairly popular when it comes out and their are still people with the originals (both Starburst and Jason logo-ed version), but I don't think it's a case of giving the people what they want as with the Flames. People like the pink, but it's not like the Flames retro or the Mighty Ducks (which as a fan of both teams, I find many similarities between the Ducks branding situation and the Hitmen branding situation) where it flies off the shelves and the fans have been clamouring for a return to pink. I think most people are "fine" to "happy" with the current colours.

22 hours ago, Wade Heidt said:

I 100% support this, would like to see it, but I think realistically the Hitmen won't do it.  We've seen their current colour scheme for so many years and feeling I get is they won't be changing it.

Where the Ducks similarities come in.

From a branding perspective, you can't argue with it. Talk about standing out from the crowd. What are the Hitmen now, dark red, black, and beige?

Black, copper and red. They have a bit of a colour balance issue on some merch and graphics here the copper and red seem to battle it out for the secondary colour and the red wins out more often than not, whereas I feel, looking at the jerseys throughout their history, that the copper is the secondary.

But yes, going with pink would be a lane the Hitmen would alone occupy.

IbjBaeE.png

Speaking of Flames-owned teams, the Stockton Heat haven't announced any new logos or jerseys, have they? So I assume they're still gonna be wearing the Flames' crappy old Edge/Adizero templates even as the parent club finally moves totally away from them once and for all? Gee, I wonder where the perception that the Flames don't care about their farm team comes from...

special jerseys for the 25th seasons of the Québec Remparts

remparts-quebec-hockey-25-ans.jpeg

Green jersey is a tribute to the Québec Jr As, ancester of the first Québec Remparts.  The blue one was worn by the original Remparts in the years they were owned by the Nordiques.  The red one is from the first few years of the second Remparts and the beige one is from the 2006 Memorial Cup.

I like the second Remparts logo better, even though I know the other is a classic. Something about an abstract swoosh forming the r instead of half an arch feels more interesting to me. And I gotta love the crenelated striping, even if it's not in the colors of the flag.

• 3 weeks later...

Couple others from around the Junior ranks.

Speedy Creek's new alternates

The quasi-expansion Blackfalds Bulldogs of the AJ rocking the non-contrasting numbers with the contrasting namebars.

The Estevan Bruins of the SJ have a new yellow jersey (and an ever increasing branding inconsistency with four different spoked-B's in use now). Don't know if it's a home or an alternate.

IbjBaeE.png

The Prince Albert Raiders have some new, extremely needed, home and away uniforms.

FApvoxEX0AQmvy6?format=jpg&name=medium
FApvrxCWEAw2oU_?format=jpg&name=medium

Though it is weird that they appear to have brightened up the logo outline to the old yellow while still keeping the new gold on the jerseys.

Oh and what's this? A new alternate, that's pretty cool but it's a throwback? I mean, I was a fan of that old Pirate logo but it seems weird to throwback to that already... oh no...

FApvtq7XMAAmv9N?format=jpg&name=medium

The worst part is that they tried to bring that dude back as the mascot a couple years ago and got heat for it then, so they made changes to the mascot costume. With Edmonton, Cleveland and the WFT and the fact they already got popped for trying to use this guy a couple years ago, I don't know what they were thinking.

• Like 2

IbjBaeE.png