AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

Dante_X

16 minutes ago, frontsfan93 said:

The OHL's Kingston Frontenacs unveiled new Home and Road Sweaters on Friday, departing from the athletic gold they have worn since 1990 for a metallic gold and black look.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Anyone seriously believes this boring set (with a lame gold change) is any better than what it replaced?

21558830_web1_RJB11663037.jpg

wright-shane-.jpg

9 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Oh and what's this? A new alternate, that's pretty cool but it's a throwback? I mean, I was a fan of that old Pirate logo but it seems weird to throwback to that already... oh no...

FApvtq7XMAAmv9N?format=jpg&name=medium

The worst part is that they tried to bring that dude back as the mascot a couple years ago and got heat for it then, so they made changes to the mascot costume. With Edmonton, Cleveland and the WFT and the fact they already got popped for trying to use this guy a couple years ago, I don't know what they were thinking.

IbjBaeE.png

25 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

WHL Commissioner Ron Robison today issued the following statement regarding the alternate uniform unveiled by the Prince Albert Raiders:

“On Friday night the Prince Albert Raiders unveiled an alternate third jersey, which was inspired by a highly successful era in Club history,” commented WHL Commissioner Ron Robison. “We recognize the dated design is insensitive and offensive. After consultation with the Prince Albert Raiders, this uniform and brand will be discontinued effective immediately. On behalf of the WHL and the Prince Albert Raiders, we regret this uniform design was approved and sincerely apologize for any harm it may have caused.”

There will be no further comment from the WHL or Prince Albert Raiders.

This is so dumb that it happened. It's 2021. Edmonton, Cleveland and Washington (and Portland in their own league to an extent) have been major news. PA got in trouble seven years ago for trying to use that logo as the mascot.

How did it get this far?

IbjBaeE.png

Obviously bringing back that jersey was a terrible idea, and that should have been clear to at least one high ranking executive with the Raiders, but I found it funny seeing how many of the outrage police on social media didn't realize that this was a throwback jersey and thought this was a brand new design the team came up with.

2 hours ago, Ricky_Roby said:

Did anybody post this already? Cape Breton Eagles, formerly Screaming Eagles, 25th anniversary patch:

E6HEQtxXIAQiSUR?format=jpg&name=medium

It's a good logo, but I never like when they put the 'founding year-current year' dates on these anniversary patches because it looks like that's the end, like you'd see on a tombstone.

• Like 2

And here is that 25th anniversary jersey...20211010_MONvsCAP_Langlois_Nizovkin-730x

Everything is screenprinted.  What's unusual about this one is that all previous special event jerseys were always just screenprinted as as well,, but never sold.  They would always make just the 25 or so that the players would wear for the event and raffle them off after that game.  Because this is a full blown third jersey for this year (and only this year as the should logo would dictate), they are also selling some in the team shop and while they are the same $135 as the home and aways, they are actually authentics as they are only in sizes 52 to 58,  (And youth replica sizes.)

They are somewhat based on the "Fleury" era (techinically from 1998 until 2006, of which Marc-Andre Fleury did play for them from 2000 til 2004.  IMO, they're... okay.  For a third jersey, they are only scheduled to be worn twice more.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

5 hours ago, Roger Clemente said:

And here is that 25th anniversary jersey...20211010_MONvsCAP_Langlois_Nizovkin-730x

Everything is screenprinted.  What's unusual about this one is that all previous special event jerseys were always just screenprinted as as well,, but never sold.  They would always make just the 25 or so that the players would wear for the event and raffle them off after that game.  Because this is a full blown third jersey for this year (and only this year as the should logo would dictate), they are also selling some in the team shop and while they are the same $135 as the home and aways, they are actually authentics as they are only in sizes 52 to 58,  (And youth replica sizes.)

They are somewhat based on the "Fleury" era (techinically from 1998 until 2006, of which Marc-Andre Fleury did play for them from 2000 til 2004.  IMO, they're... okay.  For a third jersey, they are only scheduled to be worn twice more.

By screenprinted you mean sublimated, correct? Because everything on that jersey is sublimated. Screenprinted would be like a “shirsey” with the textured ink on the jersey.

I feel like that’s actually really common, and becoming more and more common in lower levels of hockey. Unfortunately sublimated hockey jerseys might be the future…

• Like 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Here's that Hitmen jersey. They've worn it for both of the Sunday games, the only two home games they've had this season, and the Twitter account referred to them as the third jersey, so yeesh... A third jersey that is going to be worn for half the home games (we're at 2/17 right now) that should be a one-off.

FBMrW7sVcAAHxxq?format=jpg&name=small

20211003_CGY_vs_LET_HIT0257_CW-730x486.j

20211003_Hitmen_0005-730x486.jpg

Per the ongoing discussion, it's also sublimated. It seems all of these junior hockey "specialty" jerseys are now sublimated and all made by the same company, Catstitch, who will put the CCM logo on the jersey. I get it, it's cheaper for  junior teams to get these one-off's or single year jerseys in sublimated form if they're only going to be used for one year/limited time.

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png

4 hours ago, kiwi_canadian said:

The BCHL is celebrating their 60th season and each team will wear a retro inspired jersey for a few games this season. They released them all today:

We were ~THIS~ close to actual Salsa jerseys again. Curse you, Victoria Grizzlies.

• Like 4
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

11 hours ago, nash61 said:

We were ~THIS~ close to actual Salsa jerseys again. Curse you, Victoria Grizzlies.

As terrible as that name and logos were, there is still some nostalgia for me. I remember when they became the Cinderalla team of the 2001 BCHL playoffs the one year and went all the way to the BCHL-AJHL championship series. The old Barn on Blanchard was rocking that year and it was a great atmosphere to be in. Ultimately they lost to the Camrose Kodiaks and I don't think they have ever come close since that run.

Not sure if it's every team, but seems like a couple BCHL teams have put the 60th year patch on the back on the jersey on the left hem.  Really dumb placement, especially since they easily could have swapped out the BCHL logo, which is on the right chest, for it.  A Chevy ad patch is on the left chest, so it couldn't have gone there.

spacer.png

• Like 1