AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

Dante_X

2 hours ago, Discrim said:

Wonder why just one game?  Is it like that one time years ago where the Hamilton Tiger-Cats wore helmets with a tiger head logo that was only used once bc whoever the designer was owned the trademarks?  Because this is better than their current PA logo.

have to agree.. the one above is even better.. but can be added with outlines around the crest? but really the other PA logo with the sword in the middle, it's bit too cluttered....

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

19 hours ago, bowld said:

New alternate for Prince Albert. These are sweet but unfortunately the team will only wear them for 1 game..

spacer.png

I love this look for them! This needs to be their full-time look. My only complaint is that the pirate skull looks furry, and looks like a the face of a dog… 

spacer.png

Spoiler
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

The Oshawa Generals and Hamilton Bulldogs have revealed their looks for the outdoor game next week. Hamilton will be reviving their Hamilton Tigers throwbacks while Oshawa will go with a white throwback with light blue and red trim. 

The only images of either seem to be on the teams respective twitter accounts, which I am not able to attach to this here from my phone. If anyone has access to these images and can edit this post to add them it would be awesome.

Cincinnati Cyclones playing tonight as the Cincinnati Coneys. Going all in on the Skyline Chili imagery. I know most people have heard of Cincinnati style chili, but for those of you unaware of that shoulder patch that is called a cracker bomb. Its an oyster cracker with a drop of hot sauce. Its basically an appetizer while you wait for your food.

6txLwjc-?format=jpg&name=small

Signature intentionally left blank

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Looks like a soulless and generic Create a Team logo. This sucks

Eh, I disagree; the old logo didn't work in the modern day with all the small-sized text in it, and the white text on light blue wasn't a great design choice either. This cleans the whole thing up and makes all the elements more well-defined while keeping the necessary elements intact; the way the S is shaped even looks like a flowing river, like the one that the city itself is right on.

Besides, you're giving modern Create-A-Team logos way too much credit lmao

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Eh, I disagree; the old logo didn't work in the modern day with all the small-sized text in it, and the white text on light blue wasn't a great design choice either. This cleans the whole thing up and makes all the elements more well-defined while keeping the necessary elements intact; the way the S is shaped even looks like a flowing river, like the one that the city itself is right on.

It just looks so corporate and soulless. Same as every logo designed in the last decade. Broad, thick lines, heavily computerized, full of meaningless Nike Speak. No distinct personality, it looks like every new logo is designed by the same few people in the same design firm

Who cares about how logos look on twitter.  I don't see anyone calling for a redesign of the Blackhawks and Red Wings logos because they look bad in tiny thumbnail versions. I know you and I have had this same exact argument before but a hockey jersey logo is 12"x12", it looks GOOD when there's lots and lots of details

Worst case Ontario, why can't they just come up with simplified logos specifically and exclusively for ant-sized applications? Why do they have to touch the main logo on the jersey?

4 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

It does miss one thing though: the team name itself. Other than that, I like how it cleans up the look while maintaining what made the previous logo works.

53 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

a hockey jersey logo is 12"x12", it looks GOOD when there's lots and lots of details

I would disagree on that. Having too many details in the logo turns it into a cluttered mess. I get why taking away details would make the design overall flat (or 'soulless', as you put it), but I can tell you the reason why some people favour simplicity over over-detailing; it's easy on the eyes without getting too overbearing. Though, I'm sure there are people who do agree that the new logo didn't have the same spirit as previous one.

And before you said anything about Blackhawks and Red Wings logo, yes they have details. Yes, they are beautifully designed. And yes, no one would call for a full redesign on their main logos because of how iconic they are. But, if you think that more details = good, by that logic (using the Blackhawks logo as an example), its hair would show strands of hair and the feathers would be more quilt-like. And it's already been detailed enough. We wouldn't want it to go overboard, would we?

• Like 2