AHL/ECHL/Minor/Junior League Hockey Changes

Dante_X

32 minutes ago, philcar1994 said:

Haven't been able to find anything online about it being either, not even them saying at all its a new jersey. 

The shoulder patch is new as of last season, updated version of their alternate logo. 

40802058310_dbd6e1c550_z.jpg

Hopefully this is a new 3rd jersey. There set they had last season was good

hvmY186.png

Those Moncton jerseys are indeed brand new, which might explain why all of them have the Q50th patch, Only the first draft picks from the other teams had the 50th logo on their jersey (most of them cheaply slapped on) instead of the standard LHJMQ logo.  They probably times this on purpose to coincide with the opening of their brand new arena this year,  (Sadly, i did not attend the draft this year like I did the last two, so I was unable to provide any updated logos or jerseys that were unveiled.)

I like the updated version of the shoulder logo that replaces all black with blue.  If they actually did it with the primary logo, I would consider it a nice upgrade.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Dante_X said:

new Guelph Storm jerseys and logo:

DgxsuF3WAAA2rpZ.jpg:large

Like the jersey, not the logo. Looks like the "storm" has a fat lip

• Like 2

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

1 hour ago, NoE38 said:

Looks like a giant handlebar mustache to me.

Yup....now that's all I see :) 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I read Twitter first, so this is all I see now.

As for the logo itself, it looks more like a Jr. B team's logo than one you'd see an OHL team wearing IMO. At the same time though, Guelph is one of those teams that I feel are hard to find a suitable replacement logo from the last one. There was one in the concepts here like 5 years back (made by @sparky chewbarky I believe, though I may be mistaken) that would've been much better of a replacement for the Storm, though I can't really judge what they came up with here too much until I've seen it in action a couple of times.

EDIT: Yeah it was Sparky who made that one I was referencing:

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

So I happened to be on the London Knights Twitter page today and stumbled across this tweet, in reference to the Spider Knight jerseys from the mid-90's:

I might be reading too much into this, but it would be fantastic if they brought back that glorious abomination in some way (unless it's a screen print jersey). Even if they just sold it in the store like Guelph did with their 90's jerseys, they would make a killing on those from collectors such as myself.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

1 hour ago, chrysleraspen08 said:

So I happened to be on the London Knights Twitter page today and stumbled across this tweet, in reference to the Spider Knight jerseys from the mid-90's:

I might be reading too much into this, but it would be fantastic if they brought back that glorious abomination in some way (unless it's a screen print jersey). Even if they just sold it in the store like Guelph did with their 90's jerseys, they would make a killing on those from collectors such as myself.

I belong to a London Knights game worn jersey group and posted a mock-up of what I think it to be, also tweeted at the team directly and they like my tweet. Was somewhat confirmed by a member with very close ties to the team. Don't know if what capacity, but I'm certain there will be a Knightro jersey this season

42504073534_f083d7935f_h.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chrysleraspen08 said:

I think the days of stitched one-offs are over (save for the Memorial Cup hosts tribute jersey). If it isn't a full alternate jersey, teams don't want to spend for (or CCM can't make) non-sublimated special occasion jerseys. It's too bad, too, because in jersey auctions it seems people will pay more for a real jersey. An extra $100-200 spent could see the team get that back 4x-5x when sold.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I really hate how just because one jersey maker does something, everyone else seems to have to follow.  Nike had the rounded hem, so Reebok has to do it.  Adidas with the wide, weird collar, now CCM has to do it.  The laces are completely pointless, why even have them?  I was hoping that with CCM now out from under Adidas' hands, they can actually go back to making jerseys great again.  I guess not.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, B-mer said:

So this apparently slipped by the board?  I hadn't seen it posted but I guess CCM is doing some new things. 

SJ Barracuda apparently showed this new collar a little bit ago as well. 

Apparently all teams are moving to this new CCM template (Similar to the ones worn for the recent Utica All-Star game)

• 2 weeks later...