The Nightmare Team

jrodsep

Let's see how the rest of the countries athletes adjust after playing a +82 game schedule within the past 9 months.

Are you serious?

Oooooh 82 games. Poor babies. I don't have my calendar in front of me, but I'm fairly certain I worked well over 82 days last year.

That grueling 45 minute shoot-around in the afternoons has to be just murder I bet.

Like the other foreign teams players (some of whom are in the NBA and don't seem to be any worse for the wear after 82 games) and the rest who probably have other jobs to boot, have been vacationing for nine months?

Our guys have no idea how the game is played. Thats all. Simple. They are lazy, selfish, stupid and pampered.

At least the NFL season is like a full-time job, with drills, film study, curfew, and 40+ in prep time each week.

If the NBAers are tired its probably from shooting music videos or too much Playstation.

I'm not trying to get on your case. Far from it. But I'm embarrassed that everyone of my countrymen over there is doing nothing but whining. Congrats to Puerto Rico, regardless of whether these were our bests or not. Be gracious in defeat or get your game together.....one or the other.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a lot of ways you could look at this. I don't think it's a matter that our guys don't know how to play the game because if they practice and concentrating on the Olympics as must as the other countries did then we would for sure be a shoe in. Our players are just caught a little off guard, I mean they eat & sleep basketball for 9 months and they usually rely on the summer as their vacation. I just think they're caught off guard but I will also add that other countries are producing players that are kicking our ass, inside and out of the NBA.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

You don't get it though. I mean, think of hockey: Once Canada almost lost in 1972, did they whine, bitch, complain? No. Canadian teams started to play with passion, to decode the Soviet system, to get BETTER and face them the next time and BEAT THEM. They worked hard.

The US gets it's wake-up call in the World Championships, and what happens? Nothing. Absolute jack.

The US gets it's wake-up call in the World Championships, and what happens? Nothing. Absolute jack.

You're right, it's a question about who wants it more, not who's better!

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

The NBA DOES suck and IS the worst sport in america. Our "boys" are the least prepared, least educated, least mature and HOLY COW does it show. If it weren't my home country it'd be too glorious for words.

Let's see how the rest of the countries athletes adjust after playing a +82 game schedule within the past 9 months.

Well, let's see in the NHL they play a much more physical 82 games a year than the NBA. The opponents team USA will face in the World Cup coming are much tougher than the ones USA basketball is facing and I would guess that Team USA Hockey is going will finish in the top 3 at the World Cup (They will probably be in the championship).

Let's face it the USA players don't care they are all about themselves and that makes the NBA he worst and most boring sport.

Let's face it the USA players don't care they are all about themselves and that makes the NBA he worst and most boring sport.

True but isn't hockey getting that way too?

Retired Number's To Come

Not really. The way the game is played is played as a team. Your team of stars doesn't win in the NHL. Sure there may be a lockout becuase the NHLPA doesn't want a cap, but my point wasn't about money. I can;t argue with the players wanting to get as much money as they can. The me first thing was regarding them not playing as a team.

As far as the World Cup sure there has been a few that dropped out but by in large the best players aren't ducking out. And for the olympics 2 years ago the Best players didn't duck out and were proud to be there and actually stayed in the olympic village.

When it came time for the Olympics, the prime-time NHL players were all clamoring to be part of the teams. For the World Cup, I think the players enjoy it, but there are quite a few who aren't playing for one reason or another.

Then again, the hockey players seem to understand what the non-US basketball teams believe: it's an honour to represent one's country.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Okay, let's review. Out of the following players on the USA roster, which ones would you consider selfish and all about themselves?

Carmelo Anthony

Carlos Boozer

Tim Duncan

Allen Iverson

LeBron James

Richard Jefferson

Stephon Marbury

Shawn Marion

Lamar Odom

Emeka Okafor

Amaré Stoudemire

Dwyane Wade

Retired Number's To Come

Pretty much all of them, save maybe Duncan and Okafor. But I'd point the finger first at all the top players that turned down the invitation to play.

POTD 2013-08-22

Pretty much all of them, save maybe Duncan and Okafor.

Do you even pay attention to basketball? How can you say they're all selfish but two? Is it because they all make a ton of money?

Retired Number's To Come

Headline on Philadelphia Daily News today (8/16):

OLIMPIC

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Well since nobody can give me an honest answer to my last post I don't think any of those players are really selfish, they just don't have the determination as these other countries do. Do you really think Lamar Odom thinks of beating Puerto Rico all year long?

Retired Number's To Come

Well since nobody can give me an honest answer to my last post I don't think any of those players are really selfish, they just don't have the determination as these other countries do. Do you really think Lamar Odom thinks of beating Puerto Rico all year long?

Define an "honest answer". I agree with Mockba but according to you we just don't know enough about basketball. I don't think anyone wants to debate with you if you'll just fall back on that.

I don't know any of those players personally so I have no idea if they are selfish or greedy. What I will say is that given the choice of an NBA championship and an olympic gold medal I think I know what all of thise players would pick. how else can you explain a team containing Iverson, Duncan, etc losing to Puerto Rico? If they had wanted it they would have won easily. If they havve any pride they will all look at themselves and raise there level of performance.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Do you really think Lamar Odom thinks of beating Puerto Rico all year long?

Does it matter who the opponent is? If you can't get up for whoever you're playing, you might as well pack it in. Sure, the Lakers should beat the Clips every time out, but that doesn't mean the Lakers get to slack it and drift from a workable game plan.

As for the insinuation that if someone doesn't agree with you that they know nothing at all about the sport, that's ludicrous, and you know it. Are you really going to argue that Iverson is an unselfish, team-first kind of player? He is the epitome of the me-first NBA player. Duncan is one of the few superstar-level players that really gets it, that does whatever it takes for his team to win, and doesn't put himself up on a pedestal above the rest of his teammates. David Robinson tutored him very well.

POTD 2013-08-22

True but isn't hockey getting that way too?

Hmmmm.....

*Thinks back to 1987 Canada Cup*

CALGARY-After the stunning 5-1 loss to new comer Germany, Team Canada was in dire straits.

Paul Coffey, his body covered with tattoos, came 20 minutes late. He said, "Man, this practice schedule's way too hectic. I mean, I'm only gettin' 15 mins a game, and I gotta practice every day? What does Bowman think we are, Slaves?"

The top centre available, Steve Yzerman, said "We know we should do better, but I mean, what are we supposed to do when Gretz and Mario don't feel like commin', eh? I mean, it's just stupid! This is my summer!" Dale Hawerchuck, sitting in the back with 5 reporters, nodded and yelled, "HELL YEAH!"

5th choice Montreal Winger Stephane Richer ended the confrence with, "Well, it ain't like we're getting paid for it. I'm only doin' it so CCM will keep payin' me"

Carmelo Anthony

Carlos Boozer

Tim Duncan

Allen Iverson

LeBron James

Richard Jefferson

Stephon Marbury

Shawn Marion

Lamar Odom

Emeka Okafor

Amaré Stoudemire

Dwyane Wade

Mello - ME FIRST..........based at a minimum on his comments afterward

Boozer - ME FIRST......based in no small part on his contract/free agent negotiation

Duncan - team guy

Iverson - do I really have to finish this sentence?

LeBron - Great passer....probably could be a team guy, probably wants to be.....but isn't. Been told since he was 12 he was god. Has no fundamental understanding of the game.

Jefferson - 50/50...does the grunt stuff. Decent player, not great. Good finisher.

Marbury - (see Iverson)

Odom - not a complete prick......but typical US born player. Pretty much me first

Okafor - dont know much about him........maybe decent kid. Heard he's pretty polished.....but only compared to rest of the draft class.

Stoudamire - Me FIRST

Wade - Good kid. Seen him, met him. He's married, he's a nice young man. I think he too, wants to be unselfish, wants to be well rounded. But the default is still one on one moves.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Archived