Barnum's Animals - New Packaging

WJMorris3

Well, chalk another win up for PETA, as Mondelez has redesigned the packages for Barnum's Animals. No longer will the animals be caged as they might be at a circus or zoo; they are instead shown "in a natural habitat."

The crackers' flavor is unaffected.

LvZYtbZ.png

16 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

PETA go after ACTUAL animals being harmed.

Animals who are in cages are being harmed.  This is why zoo exhibits no longer feature cages, and now consist of habitats that resemble natural conditions to the greatest extent possible.

The depiction of caged animals as though this is an acceptable or benign thing belongs in the dustbin of history.  This packaging change is a reasonable response to rising moral standards. 

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

No big deal. The whole idea of a circus train as a cultural reference that would excite kids is just about extinct. The familiar look gives me warm and fuzzies from my childhood, but I think the new box is probably more attractive to kids today. It would be nice to give a side or the top to the poor polar bear, though.

3 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Lame, I am tired of this "get offended by everything" society.

Stop getting offended, bro.

New package, by the way:

BAC.png?w=700

It's functionally the same.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

4 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Yea guess it's fine. Just kinda sad the circus is basically extinct, but good to morph it to that.

It's for today's kids.

Yeah, I don't see the problem with living things being mistreated for my enjoyment.  The wussification of America on display right here.

The new box looks great, but it would have been cool if they could've worked the babies in there too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 8/21/2018 at 9:21 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

Yeah, I don't see the problem with living things being mistreated for my enjoyment.  The wussification of America on display right here.

The new box looks great, but it would have been cool if they could've worked the babies in there too.

Yeah! Or maybe those are the babies, grown up after a mistreated life shortened their parents life span.

Excellent!

Now that they're free from their cage the lion can maul the giraffe and zebra before getting in a fist-fight with the ape while both are trampled by the elephant.

Everyone's wild ???

This is assuming they dumped the animals out in an open space and not just in some random town, otherwise granny will be the lion's dinner and the ape will be dragging little timmy around the neighborhood.

I wish the box design would be of a poacher mounting a severed lion's head on his wall, or maybe an Asian gentleman, idly glancing at his flaccid penis, fervently grinding up the still-bloody horn of a rhinoceros. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

On 8/23/2018 at 10:05 PM, capn89 said:

Now that they're free from their cage the lion can maul the giraffe and zebra before getting in a fist-fight with the ape while both are trampled by the elephant.

Everyone's wild ???

This is assuming they dumped the animals out in an open space and not just in some random town, otherwise granny will be the lion's dinner and the ape will be dragging little timmy around the neighborhood.

I actually think that a lifetime of captivity in a cage would have altered their natural instincts, and that when they were finally released, rather than fighting each other, they would have just started screwing like... well, animals.  They'd do it like they do on the Discovery Channel. Think of all the raging hormones and pent up sexual energy that they developed in those cages, with no outlet, and no ability to even masturbate (except maybe the elephant.)  Assuming they were of mixed sexes, I'm picturing a world in which we have little baby lions with elephant trunks, or gorillas with super long giraffe necks.

Now, I'm no sicko, but I'd pay to watch those bedroom encounters.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 8/25/2018 at 9:22 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

I actually think that a lifetime of captivity in a cage would have altered their natural instincts, and that when they were finally released, rather than fighting each other, they would have just started screwing like... well, animals.  They'd do it like they do on the Discovery Channel. Think of all the raging hormones and pent up sexual energy that they developed in those cages, with no outlet, and no ability to even masturbate (except maybe the elephant.)  Assuming they were of mixed sexes, I'm picturing a world in which we have little baby lions with elephant trunks, or gorillas with super long giraffe necks.

Now, I'm no sicko, but I'd pay to watch those bedroom encounters.

I want giraffes with shark teeth just like everyone else does, but I don't think the biological definition of species changes because the animals were stuck in cages their whole lives.

On 8/25/2018 at 8:22 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

Assuming they were of mixed sexes, I'm picturing a world in which we have little baby lions with elephant trunks, or gorillas with super long giraffe necks.

Now that is not genetics, due to speciation. Cool yes, but plausible, no.

Excellent!

On 8/26/2018 at 3:48 PM, Cosmic said:

I want giraffes with shark teeth just like everyone else does, but I don't think the biological definition of species changes because the animals were stuck in cages their whole lives.

No, I'm not saying that captivity alters their genetics, I'm saying that if there's only a male lion, and female giraffe, once released, the lion would not be able to resist its pent up urges, and somehow pounce on the giraffe and squirt an interspecies baby into its belly.  Same with the others.

I haven't actually studied biology or genetics or any kind of science at all, but I can't think of any reason why we couldn't have gorillas with dorsal fins and shark teeth, or giraffe-necked lions.  

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

No, I'm not saying that captivity alters their genetics, I'm saying that if there's only a male lion, and female giraffe, once released, the lion would not be able to resist its pent up urges, and somehow pounce on the giraffe and squirt an interspecies baby into its belly.  Same with the others.

I haven't actually studied biology or genetics or any kind of science at all, but I can't think of any reason why we couldn't have gorillas with dorsal fins and shark teeth, or giraffe-necked lions.  

It's like the Fermi paradox... if lions could have giraffe babies, then we'd see them galloping/pouncing around.

If donkeys and horses can have babies, maybe there's hope yet. You never know, I guess.

13 minutes ago, Cosmic said:

It's like the Fermi paradox... if lions could have giraffe babies, then we'd see them galloping/pouncing around.

If donkeys and horses can have babies, maybe there's hope yet. You never know, I guess.

I think that a turtle bread with a lion would be pretty cool.  Imagine seeing a (large) turtle in its shell, then all of the sudden a godsdam lion head shoots out of the shell and eats you - how cool would that be?  It would probably be slow though, so they'd have to breed the turtle-lion with a cheetah so it regains some of its quickness.

Archived