HUGE DISCOVERY!

Braden

I've been playing around with Inkscape for about a day now, but I still cant get the hang of the filling techniques. Does anybody know how to fill in areas inside of custom made shapes? I have drawn out some shapes that have curves in them and for some reason it will only fill the concave area of the curves, and not fill inside the entire shape.

And by the way Cyclopsis that Atlanta Quasars logo of yours is simply just a shape from the Tutorial File.

UWMpanthers.gifgold_14.gif

this slipped by everyone when i posted it before an another thread, but anyway, got some help for ya.

if you use the BEZIER tool to outline the section you want colored, then SELECT YOUR FILL COLOR, etc. from the fill dialogue, you will get your color. (use NO STROKE on color fill areas to avoid phantom lines)

after your color is there, SEND IT BACK a layer until you see the lines you want to show.

then when you have everything all finished, you can SELECT IT ALL and GROUP IT so it moves as one.

rule of thumb is PICTURE EVERYTHING AS INDEPENDENT SHAPES AND LAYERS instead of as a white "canvas."

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived