Arizona Cardinals Logo Concept

DawgPacPBH

i like the original shape, but i think these are the two key missing elements: instead of the top creat feathers making an arch shape, try flipping them vertically so the make a U shape and point upward. also, i think simply a longer beak would make a big difference.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The face & beak are better, the head is not good - sorry I gotta be honest. The latest version looks like an Owl. I know my Cardinals, that's the mascot of the school I teach at. But your logo is coming along. I hope that Sterling, SyPhi or Nitro see this, they will have some good pointers. Keep up the good work!

:D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

i agree it does look much better, but yes the top of the head is a lil off. maybe more of a sweep instead of a curl like jm said. maybe lose that little sideburn and just let the face line sweep up to the crest feathers.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

make it look less like red ocean waves and more like . . . i dunno. if you dont mind, could i borrow it and try and show you what i mean? i think youre really on to something here.

I hope that Sterling, SyPhi or Nitro see this, they will have some good pointers.

Some elite company... I'll take it as a compliment.

I do have a suggestion or two... although I'm unfortunately not blessed with the kind of free time that will allow me to read everybody's suggestions in detail and verify whether mine are indeed 'new'.

First... Cardinals have very blunt beaks. They don't have hooked beaks like raptors do. The top and bottom halves of the beak meet at a point with a relatively large angle. You can see this in the current Cardinals logo well.

The curl around the base of the logo to the left of the visible 'cheek' looks like hippie hair. I know that's not what it's supposed to look like, and that it only vaguely resembles hippie hair, but that's what I saw.

The crowning feathers look like they were taken of a profile shot of a cockatoo (wonder if the board'll edit that one). I'd eliminate one of the 'waves' and bring the other two dimensionally in line with the line from the upwards pointing black area in between the eyes. Somehow you need to portray that the furthest right 'wave' is closer to the viewer than each of the following 'waves'.

Round the right side of the face. It seems unnaturally vertical. If anything it should be convex.

Otherwise, I applaud your efforts thus far! It's an ambitious project, undertaken by many and conquered by few. Hopefully these suggestions will in some way assist you.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived