Basketball in K.C.? Could happen?

LogoCollector

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just watched Pardon the Interuption and it was reported that a group from Kansas city is going to make a bid to buy the Orlando Magic and move them to a state of the art stadium.

My only thought on this, Why K.C.? Move to the real sports town in Missouri,

St Louis!

Unless of course, it's in Kansas City, Kansas.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

My only thought on this, Why K.C.? Move to the real sports town in Missouri,

St Louis!

Because the NBA to their credit doesn;t want to an already crowded sports town like St. Louis. If they moved their they would have direct and tough competition with the long established and much popular St. Louid Blues. The NBA doesn;t want to go to a town where they will be the second team in the winter.

Oh, here's an ORIGINAL idea: Buy the Atlanta Hawks and move them to Kansas City, because Atlanta is NOT a hoops town!

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Wasn't Bill Laurie on the verge of moving the Grizzlies to St.Louis a number of years back. I think the only thing that cancelled it was the fact that Laurie had promised to keep the team in Vancouver, then flip-flopped almost immediately.

Not quite. Laurie wouldn't make a commitment to keep the team in Vancouver and the NBA at the time wasn't ready to give up on keeping them there, so they essentially turned Laurie off to the proposition of buying the team and that was that.

Well, more accurately, the team's original contract with the league stated that it had to stay in Vancouver for at least five years. When Laurie wanted to buy/move the team, they had one season remaining in that agreement. Laurie tried to get the NBA to let the team out of that contract, but failed. He didn't want to own the team for a year somewhere else, and thusly the deal never happened.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Oh, here's an ORIGINAL idea: Buy the Atlanta Hawks and move them to Kansas City, because Atlanta is NOT a hoops town!

Actually, Atlanta seems to be apathetic to professional sports, no matter what team you're talking about (look at the first-place Braves struggling to fill Turner Field on a consistent basis)...

QPR%20Sig.png

I don't care how bad the Hawks are on the court or in the stands.......you can't move them!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

In the Article Mayor Kay Barnes says the City would prefer an NBA team. I don't know about that statement. It seems it's about 50/50 on NBA/NHL. I think people would truly like to have both. My concern is can both do well enough. It's all depending on how good the teams are i believe. I'd love to see the Magic come to KC. Orlando doesn't strike me as a major league city. Maybe i just don't know the big "O" enough.

Magic to KC

Pens to KC

it's comming......

A good friend of mine lives in KC and is dying for pro hoops to move into this new arena. I think KC might be a better fit for an NBA team because - as was mentioned - it wouldn't have to compete with an established winter sport. The Blues are much beloved and draw very well.

Is Orlando the only team rumored to be moveable? The great irony would be if the Maloofs - as the rumor I heard in KC goes - got cheesed off at SacTown and moved the team back to Kansas City. It's doubtful, but would be funny.

SpringfieldCardinalsWord.gif

Well I know there's no way in hell KC will get an NBA and NHL. I still think the NBA would consider other locations a lot more before they would pick KC.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I think one will end up in KC, the question is which one first. And the Magic have been successful for years in Orlando, until recently when they started stinking bad. Plus, the owner has talked about a new arena, but that talk has quieted down as of late, and now maybe they'll be sold. I thought that maybe they should move to Tampa Bay and become the Florida Magic.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

I think one will end up in KC, the question is which one first.

Why is KC more deserving than other leading candidates?

Retired Number's To Come

I think Tampa Bay is a better candidate but then you have to throw in the factor that the NBA doesn't want to mess with other markets. I think the Cincinnati/Kentucky area would be a good one as well.

Retired Number's To Come

Cincinnati/Kentucky would be ok, Tampa...i don't know about that.

Kansas City is a Great Basektball town. My concern with an NBA team has always been oversaturation. With Hockey it's just about the only Hockey around. Basketball, you have all the Colleges and High Schools.....

NHL would be a better fit.

Archived