Don't change a thing for me

rmered

Can anyone tell me (this is not a Tank Stumper) which Professional team in North America has worn their current uniform for the longest?

Pin Stripes on Yankees?

Canadiens Red white and blue?

I mean the same as being the current design, so if someone was documenting the changes electronically, they would not need to make any changes to their file.

Not just the same colours, or similar.

In my world, Australian Football, one team has worn the same design since 1874, though there was a slight change in 1975 when we (finally) got colour TV.

The sash got wider.

I've seen the NHL site with all the old shirts, and the baseball site as well, but which is actually the oldest set?

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I think the Yankees added a white outline around "NEW YORK" on their roads, as well as adjusting the trim on the sleeves sometime in the 70s or 80s

The Habs added names to the back of the jerseys (does that count?) and eliminated the lace-up collar, also sometime in the 70s. Same story for the Detroit Red Wings.

Also, I think the Celtics adjusted their unis a bit by bouncing from putting CELTICS or BOSTON on the roads and homes various times over the years.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

In my world, Australian Football, one team has worn the same design since 1874, though there was a slight change in 1975 when we (finally) got colour TV.

The sash got wider.

Don't forget the change to those nice red shorts, Rob ;)

There are no teams that haven't made some changes. The Yankees' home uniforms would probably be the closest (remember the Tigers ditched the old English letter for the 1960 season).

The Dodgers are another - other than adding the red number to the front in 1952, there haven't been any changes.

As mentioned, all teams except the Yankees and Red Sox have added names to the backs of the home uniform.

In the NFL, the Bears would probably be the closest. I can't think of another team that's had the same uniforms for a longer period of time.

The sash got wider.

When did they wear red shorts?

I saw, I came, I left.

When did they wear red shorts?

For a brief period in the 70s at the introduction of colour television broadcasts. Melbourne went from navy to royal blue on the jumper and Fitzroy from maroon to red on the jumper to cash in on the same trend.

Archived