Finally, A Decision

Wild Winger

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Returning (very briefly) to the topic at hand, no decision will be announced today. MLB will be meeting with officials from DC, Northern Virginia, Las Vegas and Norfolk within ten days and then a decision may be made.

Returning (very briefly) to the topic at hand, no decision will be announced today. MLB will be meeting with officials from DC, Northern Virginia, Las Vegas and Norfolk within ten days and then a decision may be made.

So Las Vegas is back on the list? Interesting... whatever happened to Portland?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I read yesterday on the Expos website that Las Vegas is a possible target, but maybe in the next five to ten years. And Portland has been out of it for a while. D.C., Northern Virginia, and Noroflk r still the top dogs. But, I think Noroflk will get it, cuz the Orioles woner does not like the team being so close to Baltimore and D.C. is about within a 30 mile radius. And even though Northern VA is a whole nother area, he still claims it's close. But, I think he would rather have the team in VA than in D.C. And Norfolk is a huge populated area. In fact it is considered one of the only other Big-Populated cities in the U.S. without Major League sports. And, I think Norfolk is the perfect place. But, I would settle for Northern VA. But, if this team goes to D.C., u can still consider me a White Sox fan at the end of the season.

Returning (very briefly) to the topic at hand, no decision will be announced today.  MLB will be meeting with officials from DC, Northern Virginia, Las Vegas and Norfolk within ten days and then a decision may be made.

I read yesterday on the Expos website that Las Vegas is a possible target, but maybe in the next five to ten years. And Portland has been out of it for a while. D.C., Northern Virginia, and Noroflk r still the top dogs. But, I think Noroflk will get it, cuz the Orioles woner does not like the team being so close to Baltimore and D.C. is about within a 30 mile radius. And even though Northern VA is a whole nother area, he still claims it's close. But, I think he would rather have the team in VA than in D.C. And Norfolk is a huge populated area. In fact it is considered one of the only other Big-Populated cities in the U.S. without Major League sports. And, I think Norfolk is the perfect place. But, I would settle for Northern VA. But, if this team goes to D.C., u can still consider me a White Sox fan at the end of the season.

I think of all those, I'd choose Norfolk... just for something different in pro sports, hopefully they'd use Virginia or Norfolk as the name to represent them.

---

Chris Creamer

I think of all those, I'd choose Norfolk... just for something different in pro sports, hopefully they'd use Virginia or Norfolk as the name to represent them.

Yea, I hope so, VA needs and deserves major pro sports.

I am not starting anything, but don't u guys have your own baseball league up there? I don't think Canadian teams should be in the MLB. Though, to tell u the truth, I would rather have Toronto in the NL than the AL, it would just ,make more sense.

I am not starting anything, but don't u guys have your own baseball league up there? I don't think Canadian teams should be in the MLB. Though, to tell u the truth, I would rather have Toronto in the NL than the AL, it would just ,make more sense.

:rolleyes:

---

Chris Creamer

Wild Winger, this is your homework assignment:

1.) Explain why Canadian teams shouldn't be in Major League Baseball (30 points).

2.) Why would Toronto make more sense in the National League instead of the American League (20 points)?

Returning (very briefly) to the topic at hand, no decision will be announced today.  MLB will be meeting with officials from DC, Northern Virginia, Las Vegas and Norfolk within ten days and then a decision may be made.

Well, technically Portland and Monterrey continue in the running, however according to MLB official Bob DuPuy, they are not presently the focus of the relocation committee. So, in other words, so long as one of the four "real" finalists has a viable stadium plan (translated: can build a stadium without MLB footing the bill), one of the four aforementioned cities is going to get the team.

The articles I read also suggested that Norfolk is quickly gaining its footing in this race. Apparently Peter Angelos has stated that he would not oppose relocation to Norfolk but would fight a Northern VA or DC relocation. Apparently there are a number of studies that MLB owners have been using to determine whether a DC area team would negatively impact the Orioles and the results vary greatly depending on whose report you use. Therefore, if the owners want to make a quick decision and the Norfolk bid has a self-sufficient stadium financing plan, they might wind up winning the Expos sweepstakes. It would permit MLB to make a relatively quick decision and they sidestep the secondary issue of how to address the gambling question that would be attendant to a Las Vegas bid.

Wild Winger, this is your homework assignment:

1.) Explain why Canadian teams shouldn't be in Major League Baseball (30 points).

2.) Why would Toronto make more sense in the National League instead of the American League (20 points)?

Well, for one thing, the Canadians have their own baseball league. But, if Toronto was going to come anyways, the NL would make more sense, cuz it's the National League. And the Jays are in the American League. And as far as I know, Toronto is not an American city is it?

then by your logic, Toronto couldn't be in the National League either. It's the National, not International League. If it's more than one country, it would be International, not National.

So you'd also have to either get rid of 6 or 22 NHL teams, and bye-bye Raptors as well. Flawless plan there.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Are you kidding me? They're the biggest damned city in the entire 51st state!

........... runs ...............

I'll get ya! Just have to pick up my.....

DAMN GUN REGISTRY! :D

And WIld Wing, We DO NOT have our own league.

I thought u guys had the CBL?

Archived