My First Vector Logo

FreeKobe

I've been playing around with Inkscape for a few days now, and finally begining to get the hang of it. Yet I know Im only scratching the surface of vector possibilities.

Anyways, I was watching USA Basketball yesterday as I played around with Inkscape some more, I decided to try my hand at my first actual logo. I decided to create some sort of Olympic Logo for the US and after about two days of work on it here's what I have come up with:

USAShield.png

I like how it has turned out! Mainly because the graphic quality is so much better than any thing I could have created in Paint.

Tommorrow morning as Im watching the Australia - US game at 6:00, yes 6 (Im that devote, laugh it up) :D, I think I might ad some sort of laurel leaf pattern to it.

C&C is greatly appreciated! :D

UWMpanthers.gifgold_14.gif

i like it. i think you should use the laurel wreath that we have in our current olympic logo and stick it in here. i really think it would look great.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I like it a lot! I love the fact that it's simple and elegant, yet still conveys a sense of power and ever a bit of superiority with a sort of crown shape at the top. The font is simple, clean, and bold, and the star at the bottom is a perfect classic touch. Very nice work, I'd love to see what else you can do.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Thanks for the C&C so far guys, Shmee thanks basically all I was trying to convey as I created it. One thing I've noticed that i'll need to work on is getting shapes smoothly attached to each other. Notice that the Blue at the bottom that contains the star isnt exactly flush with the last red stripe. I'll work on that though.

As far as Laurel Pattern goes, im still working on it. Didnt get a whole lot done during the game this morning. It's was too good, I couldnt look away! :D I should have the update up by tonight.

Keep the comments coming! :D

UWMpanthers.gifgold_14.gif

if you zoom in a lot, like to the point where all you see on the screen is that star shape, then you can get more precision with connecting shapes. you can do it in more than one way, too. you can alter the size of the shape, or you can click the node tool (underneath the selector arrow) and change just the coordinates of the endpoints.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I love the fact that it's simple and elegant

Since when is the U.S. elegant though? My first response to this shield was that it was too European for the U.S. Don't get me wrong, I like it but it doesn't quite fit us.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Not bad, but I don't like the horizontal stripes on the shield.  Were they vertical, I'd say you have a near-perfect design.

I tend to agree. The red and white stripes leading to the star remind me of a bee.

I think the font is done well, as is the top of the design, but I don't like the way the "crown" at the top extends out further than the sides of the red and white stripes.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

i like it, but im noticing that it kinda looks like a bomb. it would probably threaten and scare the iraqi participants haha. you may want to try the vertical stripes as mentioned, and maybe altering the bottom curve to be more BADGE and less BOMB. i think since your design is so simple you might think about a simpler laurel to go with it also. just a thought. you are on the good track.

Archived