Vancouver Canucks Concept

Shmee

Wanted to get these up tonight because I'm happy with what I have and I wanted to put up the thread before I go to bed. If they get a good response, I'll make a home (dark) and and alternate set as well. Comments and criticisms welcome and appreciated!

vanlogo.gif

van1.gif

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

i like the logo and style and all, but the color scheme is too "whalers." it would prolly be good with regular canucks colors though. awesome work.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

yeah, maybe i'm too young, but the canucks have never seemed like a green/blue team to me... they should be black, red, and yellow, like when i was a kid.. but the new colors are ok as well.

overall, it's not a bad concept, but the colors seem the furthest thing from "canucks" in my eyes for some reason. just doesn't fit.

i like the logo and style and all, but the color scheme is too "whalers." it would prolly be good with regular canucks colors though. awesome work.

the whalers thing wont be a problem because the whalers dont exist, andif hatford gets a new team, they will probablly get their own identity. also, the colours were the canucks original colours, so i dont see the problem. nice concept by the way.

actually, the stae of connecticut owns the whalers name, colors, logos, and trademarks, which it will probably use to bring the whalers back if they get a new franchise.

if youre familiar with football at all, in 1995 mayor mike white, representing the city of cleveland, bought the browns name, colors, etc. so he could bring them back in a new franchise. ive been through this exact thing, so it just looks a little suspicious. thats the only reason i would hold off on blue/green for right now.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

dont get me wrong, i really like this logo and concept. its one of best hockey concepts ive seen recently.

actually, the stae of connecticut owns the whalers name, colors, logos, and trademarks

i know. however with the recent retro craze, the canucks going back to their original colours has a better chance at happening then the whalers coming back.

The logo crest is a bit plain for an NHL crest. I agree with others, the colours don't really work for me (especially making green the primary colour), but I do like the jersey pattern.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

actually, the stae of connecticut owns the whalers name, colors, logos, and trademarks, which it will probably use to bring the whalers back if they get a new franchise.

if youre familiar with football at all, in 1995 mayor mike white, representing the city of cleveland, bought the browns name, colors, etc. so he could bring them back in a new franchise. ive been through this exact thing, so it just looks a little suspicious. thats the only reason i would hold off on blue/green for right now.

The difference was that part of the deal of the browns moving to Baltimore is that a expansion team would start in 1999. That team would be the Browns and keep the history of the Browns. There was no such deal for Hartfors, they just kept the name.

I'm sorry but the Whalers aren't coming back, if they tried to put a team in Hartford the Bruins, Rangers, and to a lesser extent Islanders and Devils would all try to block the move.

Wanted to get these up tonight because I'm happy with what I have and I wanted to put up the thread before I go to bed. If they get a good response, I'll make a home (dark) and and alternate set as well. Comments and criticisms welcome and appreciated!

vanlogo.gif

van1.gif

I like that, it has a lot more to do with a Canuck than that Orca emblem.

This is one of the strongest Canucks concepts I've seen.

Nice clean logo.

Also - the Whalers don't own the color combo of green and blue.

It would make just as much sense to say that this concept is too "retro Mavericks".

:grin: Good Job!

Everyone loves a roundel.

Also - the Whalers don't own the color combo of green and blue.

thats what ive been saying. in fact the canucks used green and blue before the whalers.

just one suggestion for the logo Shmee2k6: place a small, white maple leaf inside the "V" above the u in "CANUCKS." the logo as it satnds now represents bc, but not the canucks name. the word "canuck" is slang for canadian, much like yankee is slang for american.

something like this (c&p)

:therock:

You mean, there are STILL people that believe Hartford may get another franchise in a major league?

I'm sorry, but the NHL shouldn't have been in Hartford to begin with. But that's another topic for another thread.

Nio, I think the NHL should have stayed there. It's just that, I think the NHL is trying to squash the history of the WHA. The Oilers were probably sparred cuz they have won like five Cups, while the others relocated haven't.

You mean, there are STILL people that believe Hartford may get another franchise in a major league?

I'm sorry, but the NHL shouldn't have been in Hartford to begin with. But that's another topic for another thread.

should they have ever been in hartford, no. should they have stayed? yes.

it makes more sence to have a team in hartford then carolina.

should they have ever been in hartford, no. should they have stayed? yes.

it makes more sence to have a team in hartford then carolina.

Not exactly true. I have been to 'Canes games and I swear, they sell out almost all of the games. And the fans there r all for the team.

i realize that hartford was not guaranteed a returrn franchise, but what im getting at is that the owning of the colors goes along with purchsing the rights to a team. now that doesnt mean that nobody else can use green and blue, but not many people would, is what im saying. kinda like if an NFL team changed its colors to orange and brown. they are not technically barred from doing that, but how many people would defend that change, knowing theres lots of significance to those colors in a certain part of the country.

i guess i just miss the northstars, nordiques, jets, and whalers, etc. sigh.

Thought that might happen... oh well. I know that the colors blue and green are closely associated with the (long gone) Hartford Whalers but thought that with the current vintage kick that the NHL and other pro sports are enjoying, a hark back to the Canucks blue and green days of yore might be fitting. Also, when I kept the dark red and blue that the Canucks currently use, the jersey strongly resembled that of the Colorado Avalanche. Seeing as the two play each other often an with great emotion, I didn't want to create a look similar to one that already exists.

Icecap- I experimented with a maple leaf in the logo, but wasn't sure about adding it after another team (Toronto) uses that same simple as its ENTIRE logo.

Thanks for the helpful words, everyone!

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Archived