I Don't Understand

Bob5150

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

now this is a topic i can sink my teeth in to.

I just bought the best of both worlds cd and im listening to it right now.

personally, I like both Roth and Hagar. Both fronted awesome songs.

5150 is an awsome album. Dreams and 5150 are a couple of my favorite songs off that album. Even OU812 is a good album, a bit sappy, but worth listening too. however my favorite album is the For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge album. the balance album was good but really isn't there best work, but has a couple of tunes i like. Don't even get me started with Gary Cheron, i hated when this guy took over. i rather have hagar or roth. on the new "best of both worlds" album, they have some new stuff recently recorded with Hagar back with the group. Its About Time, I personally like, great stuff. the others are so-so. Its a shame Humans Being isn't on the album, I really like that song. I actually like the movie Twister, somewhat meh, but not the worst i've seen.

as for the roth era, i don't own too many albums from that era, maybe VH1 and 1984. Which is there best roth era albums in my opinion. the others have a couple of songs i like, but really isn't anything you couldn't get on the new Best of Both worlds album.

Roth got too flappy for my taste, especially during the 1984 album. the music was excellent but the videos, i really could have done with out. Panama, a great song, was wrecked by the music video. If Roth's solo albums are any indication, he did the band a service in getting lost in the jungle. Don't get me wrong, i like roth as the front man, but after 1984, i don't know if i could take anymore of Roth.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

If I was going to burn a 20 song VH cd with 10 Sammy and 10 DLR songs theses would be my picks, and Ill bet most of them are on the BoBW CD

DLR

01 Aint Talkin Bout Love

02 Unchained

03 And the Cradle Will Rock

04 Hot For Teacher

05 Ice Cream Man

06 Panama

07 Jump

08 Running With The Devil

09 Janies Cryin

10 Pretty Woman..god that video was horrible :puke:

Sammy

01 Dreams

02 Poundcake

03 Why Cant This Be Love

04 Humans Being

05 Feelin

06 Dont Tell Me What Love Can Do

07 Cant Stop Lovin You/Finish What Ya Started.. I cant really decide

08 Judgement Day

09 Best Of Both Worlds

10 Love Walks In

93-94canucks.jpg

Funny thing is, this thread was supposed to be about a guy who's getting ignored, and it turns into a Van Halen thread. Nothing to do with the poor bloke who's feeling unloved. But I guess, at least he's contributing.

funny thing indeed. it's like I did my Cardinals concept a while back, then a couple others decided to drop theirs on us and the AZ Cards have instantly become the NFL version of a Whalers concept: everybody's got one :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The best Van Halen lead singer was definitely Gary Cherone. (Just kidding -- stop the booing!)

And who knows what would have happened if Sass Jordan would have been offered the job?

Seriously though, I've been a Van Halen fan since grade 9 (a loooong time ago). I was raised with David Lee Roth, and even though I think the Red Rocker has done an excellent job, early VH tracks on VH/VH2 were raw and are now classics -- whether they get air play or not. (I've found that you can't get the volume loud enough for "Unchained"!)

About your design frustration Bob5150 (the original topic), just keep at it. Some points made here are valid -- be creative and original and the feedback will appear sooner or later!

I actually like Gary Cherone. There are some really good songs on VH 3 if you listen to them a few times. I like Without You a lot, and I think the should have released That's Why I Love You. How Many Say I...ugh. Eddie can sing backup vocals pretty well, but a lead singer he ain't.

Wow, I had no idea that so many people actually had opinions on Van Halen. I'll admit that I'm a pretty new fan, I never listened to their stuff before 2000 but since then I've been a die hard fan. I also like both era but I think Van Halen wouldn't be around today if DRL stuck with them. It's really not that hard to understand.........Sammy is more versatile than DRL thus creating ever expanding music, thus creating a larger fan base.

So Van Halen is coming with a new music video DVD. I have their Greatest Hits Volume I DVD but I can wait to see some material I've never seen before.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Bs, the video isn't a new one, it's just the DVD version of Live Without A Net, which was released in 1986. It was filmed in New Haven during the 5150 tour.

And Dave still thinks it's 1984, he wouldn't do to well fronting VH in 2004, I think.

I agree, Sammy's the man!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Archived