Jump to content

NHL Refresh Series - "Desecrating" the NHL


OhioSportsMan61
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 11/7/2018 at 6:55 PM, B-mer said:

If you’re gunna desecrate the kings don’t you have to use the Burger King logo?

 

Lol that would make sense, I just prefer the old-school crown logo :) 

 

 

Any other feedback on LA? Tampa is next....after that, no idea

 

 

Here's a teaser for Tampa....as crazy as it may be, I think it would look great on the ice!

 

QIu5d7a.png

 

TzjXiK1.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I assume that you have recycled the Lightning's stormy sea alternates. This will surely be better than the leaked black alternate uniform for 2018-19 and beyond.

 

Also, what you're about to release should be the uniforms of the Bolts right about now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On to the next...

 

Tampa Bay Lightning

 

E8sji0j.png

 

 

The entire set was influenced by the 90's "storm" jersey...I modernized and simplified that look, and made some small tweaks to the current primary logo to make it fit well with the jersey's style. The side striping is also meant to connect with the pants design to evoke a full lightning bolt. The alternate takes the storm concept to a different level (and was also inspired by the leaked alternate with the gradient) and incorporates rainfall, as well as their current simple arm striping.

 

C&C appreciated!

 

Which team should I post next?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/10/2018 at 11:04 PM, CanucksFan said:

Love that alternate and even though it's meant to desecrate, that set would be a massive improvement over anything they've worn since their original jerseys. Great work. I'd like to see the Canucks next (for obvious reasons haha)

 

Canucks it is!

 

 

Vancouver Canucks

 

v.1

 

vAOa29W.png

 

 

v.2a

 

G4UJa2o.png

 

 

v.2b

 

jxoKlNo.png

 

 

For the Canucks, I really wanted to incorporate a "V" somewhere into the design. The yoke pattern is inspired by Virginia Tech's football uniforms, which I think is a brilliant way to create a makeshift "V" as part of the striping. V.1 is where I started with this idea, but something didn't seem right with it. So with V.2a and b, I simplified the arm striping so that it doesn't take too much away from the shoulders, as well as add a matching hem striping. Which do you all prefer? C&C appreciated.

 

Any requests for which team to post next? I believe there are only 9 teams left.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is fantastic. I'd love to see the Canucks do something like this. And it's about time we had a green uniform. There's always next year. How about the Golden Knights next? I'm curious what you'll do with a team that's only had one uniform set in franchise history.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/10/2018 at 12:55 PM, OhioSportsMan61 said:

On to the next...

 

Tampa Bay Lightning

 

E8sji0j.png

 

 

The entire set was influenced by the 90's "storm" jersey...I modernized and simplified that look, and made some small tweaks to the current primary logo to make it fit well with the jersey's style. The side striping is also meant to connect with the pants design to evoke a full lightning bolt. The alternate takes the storm concept to a different level (and was also inspired by the leaked alternate with the gradient) and incorporates rainfall, as well as their current simple arm striping.

 

C&C appreciated!

 

Which team should I post next?

I think the Lightning need to avoid going back to black into their brand and instead focus on grey/silver to enhance their blue and differentiate them from the Leafs.  But, excellent work here, really fun

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/14/2018 at 1:28 PM, jdavidev said:

I like the added green on the road jersey... but if you are going with that collar treatment, I think you need the V arm stripes.  Fits better than the more traditional striping on ver. 2 & 2b

 

I agree, but I think the green is a little overkill on the road. But here's a nice compromise between the two sets:

 

 

GFHkwdM.png

 

 

 

 

On 11/13/2018 at 4:47 PM, CanucksFan said:

This is fantastic. I'd love to see the Canucks do something like this. And it's about time we had a green uniform. There's always next year. How about the Golden Knights next? I'm curious what you'll do with a team that's only had one uniform set in franchise history.

 

I think I'm going to hold off on posting the Knights till last. To be honest, I can't decide which direction I want to go with them....do I go old school? Do I do something futuristic? Maybe I'll post a few different sets since it's tough to "desecrate" a team with such a short history of uniforms. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

I think I'm going to hold off on posting the Knights till last. To be honest, I can't decide which direction I want to go with them....do I go old school? Do I do something futuristic? Maybe I'll post a few different sets since it's tough to "desecrate" a team with such a short history of uniforms. 

 

That's a completely fair assessment. I figured it'd be difficult to desecrate a team with such a small uniform history to build off of. You should definitely do Minnesota next as @chcarlson23 suggested

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/13/2018 at 4:50 PM, chcarlson23 said:

I’d love to see the Minnesota Wild!

 

Fantastic Series so far! As for the Canucks I think the 2b version is a little better with a little more emphasis on the green. 

 

16 hours ago, CanucksFan said:

 

That's a completely fair assessment. I figured it'd be difficult to desecrate a team with such a small uniform history to build off of. You should definitely do Minnesota next as @chcarlson23 suggested

 

 

Minnesota it is!

 

 

Minnesota Wild

 

4ngNH9B.png

 

This set was influenced by the North Stars history and the Wild's Stadium Series uniforms. I brightened the shade of forest green a bit, ditched the cream in favor for white, and swapped out red for the North Stars' green. The alternate's jagged arm striping is taken from the primary logo's shape. And while I think most will hate the "State of Hockey" patch, I think it fits in well with the Wild's brand and adds to the desecration. C&C appreciated!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.