Blackhawks, Bruins Release 2019 Winter Classic Logos

Blackhawks, Bruins Release 2019 Winter Classic Logos

August 24, 2018 - 15:07 PM

If the logos released today are any indication, the 2019 Winter Classic will be a throwback to the 1930s. The Chicago Blackhawks were first to announce this morning, and it appears they are *finally* reaching back to their original look for a […]

Read More...

I like how both are using their modern versions of the logos for their WC logos.  But I agree that we gotta start mixing in some other teams.  This'll be Chicago's 4th appearance and Boston's 3rd.  While I don't mind seeing the Bruins, there needs to be some variety.  Montreal, St. Louis, and Toronto have only appeared once.  Why not see if the Blue Jackets can host in Ohio somewhere.  Or do a Rangers/Islanders matchup in NYC.  MINNESOTA.  Have the Wild host the Stars in a confusing mishmash of North Stars conjuncture.  I get the need to push the special WC merch with unique logos based on historic marks but it's become stale.  Pittsburgh hasn't even been in it since 2011! 

Anyways, I do like the Bruins B and will be interested if they go with the football style design or just a giant B in the chest.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived