Austin MLS Concept

BigRed618

Like many, I wasn't impressed with what the league came up with for a potential new identity for the Crew when (if) they move to Austin, TX. Here's my take...

austin_Tigers.png

With this identity, the former Crew can keep its old colors. The reason I chose the tiger as a mascot is to represent the many wildlife refuges in Texas, making the state home to the world's largest tiger population outside of India. (so I was told)

I don't own the tiger emblem. I found it online and thought it looked nice and fit the same aesthetic that tree logo was going for. Feedback appreciated.

Looks fine. The tiger design works well, and the ref's--I mean, team's uniform is nice, though I'd make the back yellow rather than black, given the front is primarily yellow. No way it'd actually be Nike, but it's a concept so it's alright.

I've heard the fact about Texan tigers but honestly the brand still feels a bit generic, given that half of sports teams in America are the Tigers... ?

Personally, if the Crew has to leave, I'd prefer to keep the name and colors in Columbus for a future team, but using the colors works for an interesting concept.

#SaveTheCrew

Archived