Nit-Picking at Field/Rink Design

flyersfan

Now I didn't see any thread I thought this would fit in, but i wanted to make a little complaint.

First, does it bother anyone else that the "Center" in "Wells Fargo Center" is a different font? I know WF is corporate and it's a logo but it really looks off around the center circle, since its all 1 color. 

Also, its still preseason, but the Jaguars are still using the old jersey's number font on their field for the yard markers. They should switch to the updated uni font, or go with a classic look like we've seen on half the fields in the league.(about halfway through this video you can see it)

Please feel free to share any other field design quirks that really grind your gears (im not talking about ugly basketball court designs or blue/red turf, its gotta be the little things)

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

2 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Speaking of AT&T Park... has anyone sat behind the Chevron ad in LF?  It looks like it would block the view of those in the first row.  How obtrusive is it from the seats? 

Also -- a ball that hits the dog in the face isn't a HR?

CrjlzdrUsAAr1rt.jpg

I was 15ish rows up and I could not see the LF sometimes, so I assume the people closer were worse off. 

2 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

In regards to ATT Park, im surprised a newer ballpark incorporated the bullpens on the field.  The only other stadiums in MLB with on field bullpens are Tampa Bay and Oakland (I think)

They forgot to put them in the original design and needed to squeeze them in.  But there has been rumblings about moving them due to injuries recently

7 hours ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Speaking of AT&T Park... has anyone sat behind the Chevron ad in LF?  It looks like it would block the view of those in the first row.  How obtrusive is it from the seats? 

Also -- a ball that hits the dog in the face isn't a HR?

CrjlzdrUsAAr1rt.jpg

Yes a ball that hits the dog isn’t a HR because that’s still the wall.

Archived